• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Let's play WHAT'S IT WORTH!

TPTFPS68

Loc.
Mexico, Mo
Here is a 77 EB that I am looking at. It has been gone thru extensively on and off for 13-14 years, sitting out a lot of the time. It has been painted for 12 years. The body looks really good but the doors hang really bad. Won't hardly shut. There is a 1" gap where the right upper tailgate corner meets the bedside. ( see pic). Water is getting inside and filling the floorboards when it sits out. Looks like all new side fuel tank assy but not attached to the fuel door. ( plugged off). I despise the tires/wheels. Supposedly it will run with a new battery. A air breather will not fit with the hood closed. Air breather was off when I opened the hood. The seam between the upper and lower bedsides is beginning to rust. BUT.........It has a fortune in parts in it. Billet pulleys, billet steering column. All new interior. Lots of stereo equipment. Bumpers, nerf bars, add on air conditioning ( condenser is still in the box. ) etc. This thing has never been driven but down the road a block or two in all these years. I do believe it has a non matching frame in it. ( Need to do some more investigation). It has the opportunity to be an amazing EB but needs some TLC and some driving. Where would you put the value on this thing????????

Attachments

• 77 bronco pics 008.jpg
    77 bronco pics 008.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 168
  • 77 bronco pics 003.jpg
    77 bronco pics 003.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 159
  • 77 bronco pics 009.jpg
    77 bronco pics 009.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 175
  • 77 bronco pics 012.jpg
    77 bronco pics 012.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 159
  • 77 bronco pics 016.jpg
    77 bronco pics 016.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 150
  • 77 bronco pics 024.jpg
    77 bronco pics 024.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 152
  • 77 bronco pics 018.jpg
    77 bronco pics 018.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 156
  • 77 bronco pics 011.jpg
    77 bronco pics 011.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 145
  • 77 bronco pics 001.jpg
    77 bronco pics 001.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 141
  • 77 bronco pics 026.jpg
    77 bronco pics 026.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 145
  • 77 bronco pics 025.jpg
    77 bronco pics 025.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 135

wepuckett

Parts are only worth what people will pay for them plus it takes all the time and effort to pull it apart and sell them all individually.

Looks like several body panel misalignments that whould have to be fixed before it could be driven as a driver regularly, then you got the mismatched frame. Some states that matters more then others. As for paint I wouldn't even count it as a bonus unless you think you can fix all the misaligned panels without messing it up or could match it reasonably when your done with them.

I would probably right out all the things that are upgrades or bonuses to the bronco then put a line through any you would have to modify or might mess up fixing problems the bronco has and see what upgrades are left over say a decent rust free bronco that needs a new paint job and some upgrades to your taste.

pa69broncoguy

My price ranges would be

Good deal $3000 to $4000

Ok deal $4000 to $6000

The prices vary person to person too. Its value is really whatever someone is willing to pay.

moses_m

Where do you plan on tagging the vehicle mexico or texas. I recently tagged a bronco I got from Sonora Mex here in Texas. Changing the vehicle to my name in mexico wasnt a big deal had seller sign a power of attorney letter notorized then went to mex dmv. Paid for tags and paper work around 280 dollars just in case I left it in mexico with relative.
Was a different story at Yuma Arizona DMV. Had all mexican paperwork in my name. Got a 3 day permit to cross border. Had matching glove box, door stamp and frame. DMV worker told me she couldnt approve it. That a officer would have to verify VINs. Called port of entry officer to verify VIN. Told me I needed to set appointment three weeks down the road. Left Arizona back to Texas.

Over here in Texas had to take it to the regional car theft officer in odessa to verify VINS 30 bucks. Then to Midland Airport to have customs give me a sealed port of entry form 1 buck. Then 3 forms at regional DMV in Odessa to apply for title then have it registered at my local county around 180 bucks.

In all I probably wouldnt do it again and I had matching vins. Trailered that bronco all over.
It all depends where its going? Does bronco have a title? Wouldnt go further until I had those questions answered?
Looks like a great project

badmuttstang

redneck grease monkey
My price ranges would be

Good deal $3000 to $4000

Ok deal $4000 to $6000

The prices vary person to person too. Its value is really whatever someone is willing to pay.

Thinking the same my top I'd pay would probably be $5000 but honestly looks like there's going to be a fair amount of body work plus who knows what's going on with the motor so around $3000 is probably where I'd be more comfortable.

bigpitbull

BRONCO ADDICT
Loc.
Saltillo, MS
I will put it like this..... U know the parts it has and the vehicle. I you have the time and resources to get it right then you will have a nice cruiser. Wheels and tires are nothing to swap. Door alignment can be a pain in the ass but it is fixable. My concern would be getti g it titled. If that is not a problem to you then buy it... If you are positive a fresh battery/gas is all it needs then I would value it at $5500-6000. Get the doors Lined up, change the wheels and tires, tune it up and go thru the brakes... Cheap fixes and then drive it until the wheels fall off! You only live once!! Might as well make it interesting!!!

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
This is one of those projects that you need to sit down and think if you were going to build your EB from scratch what would you like to put on it. DO NOT get all worked up about neat parts if you wouldn't buy them for yourself. DO NOT pay for parts you don't want thinking you can sell them later and recoup cost. I bought a basket case that was a pile of parts for $1100 and sold everything I didn't want for more than I paid for it and still had a registered drivable bronco. But I was lucky.

For instance I hate polished billet steering columns. Not that the Colum isn't nice and worth money but I would have to paint it to be happy with it and there are far cheaper ways to get a painted tilt column.

The body problems could be an easy fix in a weekend or 100s of hours.

My experience with selling parts is best described as unpredictable. I have an NP435 and adapter for sale for the cost of the adapter. I have been trying to sell the three hole billet pulley and harmonic balancer for the 302 for half retail for a year now. But on the other hand I got almost full retail on ebay for the limited slip differentials that were in the bronco when I bought it. I could go on for hours about how some things bring full retail and others don't sell. I had a lunch box locker for the 44 for sale for a starting price of $100. It went through three 7 day auctions without selling. Then I lowered the price to $75 and it sold for $150 to the same guy that had been asking me questions about it for three weeks. :)

All that is to say if you would have bought the parts for themselves give him less than a quarter of vendor cost if you know you are going to sell them.

If I was seriously looking at this bronco I would make him show me it would run. Nothing drives the cost down more than a guy spending an hour or so trying to show you it will run. I would also assume that carb has been sitting open like that for 14 years and that if it ever did run he was running it without an air cleaner.

the mismatching frame is more of problem dependent upon where you live. Here in Dallas TX getting a lost title can be almost impossible but if you have a paper title in hand registration is a snap. You don't even have to take vehicle in when you transfer title. Some states like Maine and Alabama are bill of sale states with vehicle this old and there are services that will get you a title if you live someplace like I do. Heck I can go out to east TX to the county where my dad lives and walk in and say we lost this title it has been sitting behind the barn for years and poof you will get a title. :)

Again, if you were going to build your bronco with an unlimited budget how much of this would you use? Establish what it is worth to you with your final build in mind and then if that's not enough to get it from him figure 25% or less retail on the things you will sell and shoot that price at him.

Unfortunately those bad hanging doors and tailgate may be an indication of how well the engine was build or how ell other things were done.

Good luck. I do agree with pit bull do the least you have to do and enjoy it if you get it.

Unaweep

Loc.
Grand Junction CO
If I could get my Bronco to look that nice I would be happy.

I paid 2K for mine with a ton of spare parts, and its to be used for hunting, fishing, Moab, etc.. so I didn't and don't care too much how the body fits.

J.E.

OP
OP
TPTFPS68

TPTFPS68

Loc.
Mexico, Mo
This is one of those projects that you need to sit down and think if you were going to build your EB from scratch what would you like to put on it. DO NOT get all worked up about neat parts if you wouldn't buy them for yourself. DO NOT pay for parts you don't want thinking you can sell them later and recoup cost. I bought a basket case that was a pile of parts for $1100 and sold everything I didn't want for more than I paid for it and still had a registered drivable bronco. But I was lucky.

For instance I hate polished billet steering columns. Not that the Colum isn't nice and worth money but I would have to paint it to be happy with it and there are far cheaper ways to get a painted tilt column.

The body problems could be an easy fix in a weekend or 100s of hours.

My experience with selling parts is best described as unpredictable. I have an NP435 and adapter for sale for the cost of the adapter. I have been trying to sell the three hole billet pulley and harmonic balancer for the 302 for half retail for a year now. But on the other hand I got almost full retail on ebay for the limited slip differentials that were in the bronco when I bought it. I could go on for hours about how some things bring full retail and others don't sell. I had a lunch box locker for the 44 for sale for a starting price of $100. It went through three 7 day auctions without selling. Then I lowered the price to $75 and it sold for $150 to the same guy that had been asking me questions about it for three weeks. :)

All that is to say if you would have bought the parts for themselves give him less than a quarter of vendor cost if you know you are going to sell them.

If I was seriously looking at this bronco I would make him show me it would run. Nothing drives the cost down more than a guy spending an hour or so trying to show you it will run. I would also assume that carb has been sitting open like that for 14 years and that if it ever did run he was running it without an air cleaner.

the mismatching frame is more of problem dependent upon where you live. Here in Dallas TX getting a lost title can be almost impossible but if you have a paper title in hand registration is a snap. You don't even have to take vehicle in when you transfer title. Some states like Maine and Alabama are bill of sale states with vehicle this old and there are services that will get you a title if you live someplace like I do. Heck I can go out to east TX to the county where my dad lives and walk in and say we lost this title it has been sitting behind the barn for years and poof you will get a title. :)

Again, if you were going to build your bronco with an unlimited budget how much of this would you use? Establish what it is worth to you with your final build in mind and then if that's not enough to get it from him figure 25% or less retail on the things you will sell and shoot that price at him.

Unfortunately those bad hanging doors and tailgate may be an indication of how well the engine was build or how ell other things were done.

Good luck. I do agree with pit bull do the least you have to do and enjoy it if you get it.
I agree completely with what you took the time to type out! Thanks for that! You pretty well hit the nail on the head on the parts. I don't like the bumpers, the rear chrome liscense bracket, the column, the alum. radiator, billet pulleys, alum. treadplate skidplates. Don't give a crap about the stereo and accompanied equipment mounted up under the rear seat. I would put a 76-77 stock auto column in it, stock chrome bumpers, stock radiator, etc. Get it back to looking STOCK. It's already cut so I would fill the wheelwells up with tires and wheels. A mechanic friend that worked on it not a year ago said that it does run very good but it has been sitting since. He said that the brakes do need work. Rears won't hold if you rev the engine up while braking. I am talking to the widow. Her husband and Son shared the project and he has recently passed away. The son lives out of the Country and apparently doesn't care enough to help her. She doesn't have a clue what she wants for it. I want to be fair, but want a deal!

wepuckett

Then I would say walk in with cash in hand and lay it down before even making an offer as any number you give her will be fair since your trying this hard to be fair. If you plan to make it a driver give her the caveat that you will take her for a ride in it if she wants too when you finish it, that option might be worth more then any one else can add in cash.

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey if you don't want it let me know I'll make room in my stable :) seriously

frenchy

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
That's an 8500-9000 bronco in spite of it's issues. Go buy a 3000-4000 dollar bronco and it might start and run, it'll have worst rust, no interior, no paint, no interior, no air conditioning and will need everything this one needs plus a bunch more. And will need a 4000 dollar paint job when you are done. And the doors won't hang straight either..
I see the good in this one, and it's a 77 they aren't making those anymore;)
If the doors won't close because of alignment issues from previous metal work it gets more complicated. If its got original floors and kick panels the doors aren't as much of an issue.
The rear quarter can be straightened up, most likely the 90 degree gusset under the rear corner is bend or damaged.
How bad is the rest of the rust? Kick panels, door posts, and floors?

zonian

Loc.
St. Augustine
Sounds like you know broncos, I guess it will come down to how much work and money are you willing to put into it. If you can get it on the lower end 2-4k, probably worth the aggravation.....