• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bmorebronco build

bmorebronco

First I wanted to thank everyone on the site that have helped me get to this point. I have met some great people and got a ton of great advice which is a huge help to a newbie like myself!

I brought this puppy home back in July, rescued her from a cow pen in NJ. Is a rust bucket like the rest of them but I love her anyway! My plan is a frame off and basically put her back the way I got her. She is lifted and cut but I want to try to put her back together as original as I can without being insane about it. It will never be sold and I'm just building a Sunday Cruiser, beachin' ride and maybe light trails. I know half of you love me and the other half just threw up. lol but hopefully you'll keep reading because I'm going to need a ton of help. So here we go!

I got her stripped to the tub, braced up and finally got her naked!:eek: What a beautiful sight! Now I want to keep moving towards the frame. I would love to here thoughts on the best way to do this? Should I work from front to back, engine first... or work backwards to the front? Any suggestions on best way to tackle next phase and break the rest of it down to the frame would be much appreciated.

patterdale

Bronco Guru
Most approach either mechanical or body first. Probably pull the body off and start with frame/mechanicals first. And then get the body work done next.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
So I guess you are in Baltimore? Good luck with your build. This is a great site for anything to do with these trucks. I am on the eastern shore. There are a bunch of bronco people around the state.

If you took the body off the frame I would just strip it down all the way. But bag and tag every part!!! These projects can take time and you may not remember where that bolt or bracket goes when you put it back together. Pull the axles and do new brakes, brake lines and bearings while you have it apart. Clean ,inspect, and paint everything while its all apart! Don't reuse that old stuff it will just be a problem down the road!

OP
OP
B

bmorebronco

Thanks guys! Yes I am located in northern Baltimore County. That is my plan. I am going to strip it down to frame and get myself back to a rolling chassis. Wish there was a good step by step book. lol. I am going to buy the shop manuals online and was thinking about ordering the DIY Chilton online. Can anybody give feed back on the DIY Chilton. Is it worth the purchase? Now that the body is off, is anyone familiar with a good post that shows details of breaking the rest of it down to frame. Especially removing the transmission. I am going to send it out to be rebuilt but I want to make sure I keep it in as tack as possible while removing.

Also can anybody tell me how to upload pics. When I click the insert pic icon it takes me to a box that tells me to enter the URL of my pic? How do I upload a pic from my hard drive. There is no URL if the pic is on my hard drive. Am I missing something?? As always any help is appreciated!

andybgood

Loc.
Overland Park
Also can anybody tell me how to upload pics. When I click the insert pic icon it takes me to a box that tells me to enter the URL of my pic? How do I upload a pic from my hard drive. There is no URL if the pic is on my hard drive. Am I missing something?? As always any help is appreciated!

I think you have to be a contributor to upload directly, otherwise you'll have to host the pictures somewhere like ImageShack and provide a url.