• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1966 info verification

HookahZensai

Hello all!
I am new here, i really like what i see! I am the owner of a 1966 bronco, bought new off the showroom by my grandpa. Here is a picture of the warranty tag, can anyone help me verify a question? If I am reading this number correctly, she was #6 off t g e assembly line? Also, the rear axle tag seems to be mislabeled...the options should be A5, A6, or 03, not A3.

Can't wait to learn and share with the community!

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Very awesome and welcome! Nice that you ended up with his bronco. Can't see your pics, you'll either need to become a contributor or use photobucket or something. We'll be able to help you with your 66' info once we can see some pics.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Possible axle codes for '66 are as follows. Early '66 didn't have 289 engine or 3.50 gears.

Attachments

• 66 VIN.jpg
    66 VIN.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 103

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Wow that's incredible, first day........first morning lol. First hour of production? :)

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Wow! Second earliest one we know of! (I think).

Todd Z.

House

Minutia Militia
Please post pics of the truck if you can. The tag looks to be in great shape at least! :cool:

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Part of me wishes that there were Marti Reports for 66' so we'd know more, and part of me is good with the 66' build info being a mystery lol. Thanks for sharing!

clarrance

Bronco Guru
I posted some pics and info in "my garage", for anyone who is interested...

I drive by your place everyday. I stopped a couple years ago to say hello to a fellow bronco owner, but I think your wife was mad when I came to the door. Sorry about waking up your kids from their nap. I PM'd you the other day with my number. Give me a call sometime I would love to check it out & talk Broncos. We are putting together a Fall Bronco cruise for Oct if your interested in joining us on the ride. Chad

Classic 4x4

Very awesome rig. Is that still the original six. Looks to be the earliest Bronco to still survive, so please treat it like the gem it is. And it's uncut!! Do you have the original doors and top?

Todd are you referring to the Shelby rig as the earlier one? Has that one been verified?

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Todd are you referring to the Shelby rig as the earlier one? Has that one been verified?

Yes. No official verification. Only thing we have is the picture that's been posted of the ink shading of the data plate with the VIN on it. And we got that 16-17 years ago.

Todd Z.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
a pic of the vin tag so people don't have to search....

Attachments

• 20160824_111933_zpsfqydjlmt.jpg
    20160824_111933_zpsfqydjlmt.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 37