• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Proper 66 wheels?

Ict57

I don't normally care about original. But the u13 is pretty close and too cool to butcher in my normal style. So my question what are the correct 66 wheels, if there is such a thing. I have 4x of the silver wheels. It only 3x of the black KH style (so I'd need one more). So which would a 66 have come with?

Note-I have two 66s both of which are very original so I'm hoping they're both legit. If so I'll just clean up the silver style and call it good.

1471141425.4119.jpg

1475377205.3477.jpg

gunnibronco

Loc.
Gardnerville, NV
I thought 66 wheels had a different shaped window/opening where the center is attached to the outside of the rim. I'm no expert, but that is what I figured from reading a bunch of threads here.

I scoured an EB salvage yard, and found 2 different rims with this window opening. One with K/H and one without. Otherwise they are nearly identical. I assume they are all from Broncos. It's really all they guy ever had. I couldn't find 5 K/H, only 3, and I grabbed 2 of the non-K/H. I don't know what the difference would have been, probably early build vs later.

MyOriginal66

Bronco Guru
Early had K/H wheels. But 66's were all over the place in terms of parts used. What month 66's?

OP
OP
I

Ict57

October build. Thanks for help guys.

Ps--are the KH wheels worth much?

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
The top pic (black wheel) is most definitely correct for 66'. Large K/H print with the Ford script opposite. They changed the print/stamp at some point so the second maybe as well, but can't confirm for sure. As far as value, don't be giving those black ones away!! :)

gunnibronco

Loc.
Gardnerville, NV
There are wheels with the large K/H stamp that are from later years. I have K/H wheels with 68 & 69 date stamps. You have to pull the tires to see the date stamps.

OP
OP
I

Ict57

Thanks all. Anybody have a KH wheel or two laying around??

OP
OP
I

Ict57

Wow. Didn't realize these were that big of a deal. I'd half planned to put the 3 wheels on a truck to get rid of. Thanks y'all.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I have an old Ford rim with DD on it,what was that on a daily driver..;)

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
There are wheels with the large K/H stamp that are from later years. I have K/H wheels with 68 & 69 date stamps. You have to pull the tires to see the date stamps.

I've never seen the large K/H on anything other than a 66 or 67. Post a pic of the stamp.

gunnibronco

Loc.
Gardnerville, NV
I went to my storage unit to look. And apparently I've confused several sets of rims.

Landshark sent me these pics, I believe he has 2 of them:

Am I correct that 66-67 wheels have the square window opening like this wheel?

68 & later are like Landshark's rim?

Specracer

As others stated, the top pic is 66 and what I have (5 of em). Black is before I blasted and painted. Much better in Wimbledon White.

Attachments

• IMG_8407.jpg
    IMG_8407.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8424.jpg
    IMG_8424.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 33