• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

what to look for when buying a bronco ??

razz

Loc.
honolulu,HI
aloha..new to broncos but have always wanted one..sold my 1980L-82 corvette that i restored and was thinkin it is time to do the same with a bronco..less restoring and more playing though..was wondering what i should look for when checking one out..any help aprieciated..glad i found this helpfullsite :)

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
rust rust rust
Floorboards, wheelwells, rocker panels, DOOR POSTS!, inner panels.

DANA 44 with discs

that is a good start lots more to come I'm sure ;D

Tuck

#1 thing to look for is the best interest rate on your upcoming 2nd mortgage :eek: :eek: :eek:

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Aloha Dude!!,
So you're in Honolulu... Welcome to the site!!
First, you will not find is a rust free Bronco in our salty state. Find one with the least amount of rust. I know of a few that may be for sale but you'll need to convince the owners to sell. $$$$$ There is a couple of members here from Hawaii.

Next best thing is to get one with power steering, front disc brakes. The 74 & up had power steering with 76 & 77 having factory disc brakes. You may find one thats been all upgraded with aftermarket parts. Better for you if it is in your budget. Good luck..

mxpaz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
KC
yeah watch out for this guy he will have you owning 3 or 4 of them.

lobster.jpg

OP
OP
R

razz

Loc.
honolulu,HI
aloha MADGYVER ,i checked out ur web site and noticed u had 2 broncos..how unfair j/k but seriuosly if u hear of a good deal on a bronco please let me know i have the fever..thanx mark ;D

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Hey RAZZ actually I have 3 77s.

MXPAZ, You like that Hawaiian Spiney Lobster, huh? ;D

jr

Loc.
Mililani, Hawaii
Razz,

Good to know that you're from Hawaii also. The buy and sell has one for sale right now. He is asking $12,500. It's a 74, 302, 3-speed, hardtop and bikini top. Kinda steep but u might want to check it out. If you got any questions call Madgyver. He is the man. :) Good luck in finding one and welcome aboard.

jeff68

Loc.
Hattiesburg, MS.
Oh my, its going to be more money into this Bronco craze than that Vette!
I know I sold my restored '69 stingray, '94 coupe & my 01 Z06 with the same thoughts of going 4wheeling ;D.
Good luck!
Jeff

OP
OP
R

razz

Loc.
honolulu,HI
WHAT noway not posible..more expensive than the vette project..what im i thinking :eek: i must be a little loco huh ??? well im still gettin one, never said i was the sharpest tool in the shed..i did c the 1 advertised in the buy and sell for 12k but i just spent all my moola on a new hog so that price range is no go..tryin to find 1 more in the 5k area if it is possible ..so let me know if ya hear of anything..and by the way thats a nice dinner size spiney u got there..wheres the secret spot ? thanx again ..mark razz

T

teknalee

[quote author=madgyver link=board=5;threadid=17730;start=0#msg135600 date=1053573833]
Hey RAZZ actually I have 3 77s.

MXPAZ, You like that Hawaiian Spiney Lobster, huh? ;D
[/quote]

i'd like to eat it ;D