• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Sound Systems..

BIG P

Loc.
South Texas
Does anyone have any good ideas on where to put a sound system, i'm planning on putting two speakers in the dash, and was wondering if there was enough room in the doors to put them there too... And i was also wondering where i could put two 10" subs in the truck that were out of the way and still be able to be comfy please give me some ideas. THanks

BroncGuy7710

Loc.
Louisville Ky
sweet, before i started doing alot of offroading i made all custom sound stuff. custom box for a paif or 6" speakers under the dash in front of the 4 wheel drive shifter. box that holds a 6X9 and a 5.5" on top of the wheel well, (one box on each) and a sub box that fit comfortably behind the back seat... held 4 12's with the right ammouns of airspace. You can fit anything n e where, just make the box yourself:)

p.s., i dropped everything but the pair of 6" in the front. mudding with thre top off didn't do my system to much good:)

B

BigP

But do you think that a six will fit in the doors... i mean i don't need them but i probly will just have the dash and the ones in the doors if i can, i mean i don't need the ones on the wheel wells, i really would like them in the doors what do you think.....will they fit??

TI75EB

Loc.
forks
I put 1" Boston acoustic Tweets in the Windshield frame(7-8" from the outside edge), also have 6" mids in boxes over the wheel wells angled inward and a 8" sub in a small box.

OP
OP
B

BIG P

Loc.
South Texas
BroncGuy7710 said:
sweet, before i started doing alot of offroading i made all custom sound stuff. custom box for a paif or 6" speakers under the dash in front of the 4 wheel drive shifter. box that holds a 6X9 and a 5.5" on top of the wheel well, (one box on each) and a sub box that fit comfortably behind the back seat... held 4 12's with the right ammouns of airspace. You can fit anything n e where, just make the box yourself:)

p.s., i dropped everything but the pair of 6" in the front. mudding with thre top off didn't do my system to much good:)

Do you have any pictures of your system and your sub box behind your back seat???

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
I am looking into the marine grade Bazooka tube, amplified with the 10". It is a great single unit, and will fit beneath the stock rear seat with minor changes (i.e. 1" box tubing beneath the seat frame.

Sac '68 sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orangevale
6.5's will fit in the doors if you make a bracket, but 5.25's fit better and you don't really loose that much with the smaller speaker if you go for quality. I had 6.5's in the doors and they rubed the floor a little when you shut the door so I went with a better quality smaller speaker and couln't tell the difference.
The best place for the front speakers though would be the kick panels. This is to get the sound out in front of you more, and the doors have all kinds of little stuff in them that rattle. If I had to do it over again mine would go in fiberglass inclosures in the kick pannel. Or you could get foam surrounds from any stereo shop to protect the back side of the speaker from the elements.

I also put 6x9's up behind the rear fender wells and a down fireing 12 behind the rear seat. If you face the sub down with a couple of inches of space between it and the bottom of the box (band pass style box) you will still get better bass with the top off.

70bronc

Loc.
st. peters, MO
if you want to go crazy with it... check out the speakers they are mounting to wakeboard boat towers.... they would go great on a roll cage. and you could blast sound to cars 1/2 ahead at the stoplights!

PhantomEB

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta
Shit I gonna check out the boat shop tomorrow now! May even stuff a bazooka tube between the seats, hopefully my relocated heater puts out enough heat on top of the tranny tunnel.

Gotta pound on the trails!! I already moved my speedo cluster to the other side of the column and mounted 5.25s on the outboard ends of my dash. Who needs a glovebox??

md_lucky_13

Loc.
Idaho
This does seem to come up a lot.

Maybe this would be a good canidate for a tech section, similar to the seat section that we already have. People could post up their ideas, solutions, and all kinds of pictures..

Here are a ton of pictures to my setup:

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme3/lucky_13_bronco/Interior/Interior.html

and I have them plastered all over this site in various threads similar to this one. Although it is over-kill, its fun out on the trails to have a thumping system, and adds a wow factor that you really have to be into stereos to appreciate. I ended up with 2 12" subs and 2 6x9s in the box, and I am planning for 2 more 6x9s up front under the dash.

OP
OP
B

BIG P

Loc.
South Texas
md_lucky_13 said:
This does seem to come up a lot.

I ended up with 2 12" subs and 2 6x9s in the box, and I am planning for 2 more 6x9s up front under the dash.

I really like what you've done... did u take a 1/2 cab bulkhead and put ur 2 12"s in there and then put the 6x9's in the box on top of that???? that looks freakin awesome

md_lucky_13

Loc.
Idaho
I actually built the entire box, then slid it into place. The bulk head is only there to hold it in position. Behind the actual bulk head is 3/4 inch particle board, which is what the entire box is made out of. I slid the box into place, then cut out the bulk head so the speakers would be in that spot. I ran a bunch of self tapping screws through the top of the bulk head and into the box to lock it into place.

The box is massive, but it doesn't take up any leg room out back. I made the box follow the angle of the rear shock hoops and rear wheel wells, and I had already moved the seat way back to the tail-gate. I can actually fit a huge tool box between the rear seat and the box, and being 6'4", I have sat back there a couple of times and still had tons of leg room.

U

Unregistered

Hey guys i gots a few ideas for you to toss around in your heads i cut the holes in my door panel that comes off your door then made a nice pecie or wood pannel an figerglassed that to the metal to bring it out a bit and fit a pair or 6.5 nicely then for the back made boards to cover the indented space of the body lines and mounted 6x9s behinde the front seats then another set of 6.5s behind the rear seat all together 6 speaker set up then for subs i wanted somthing that was going to be coverd so peps didnt notice it and it dident get beat up so i made a box to hold one 12 made it fairly skinny and wide streched it acrosed the back behinde my seat and raised it about a half inch off the floor so all you see is just a wooden box the sub is pointed at the floor this saves your sub and amplifise the bass by hitting on the mettal then bouncing all over the place for the cd player i made a box that goes inbetween the two front seats and put the face at an angel and carpeted the box works real good for hiding things too. hope that might help some peps out

OP
OP
B

BIG P

Loc.
South Texas
Lucky, what are those triangular things sticking up out of the floor next to the wheel wells??? And if you were to leave the seat where it is and still have the box there do you still have much room...

Oh and one more thing, does it sound good, i mean the speakers being right behind your head and all.....?

brian72

Early Bronco Student
Lucky,
What is that overlay on your dash? Did you make it? Post some more pics of it.

thanks
brian

4x4x289

70bronc said:
if you want to go crazy with it... check out the speakers they are mounting to wakeboard boat towers.... they would go great on a roll cage. and you could blast sound to cars 1/2 ahead at the stoplights!

JATO! ;D

Attachments

• rearspeakers01.jpg
    rearspeakers01.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 123