• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Can someone ID this EB?

skrit

Contributor
A Horse with No Name
Loc.
Durham
Came across this pic in my inspiration library and would like to know whose it is and if there are more pics.

Attachments

• 67 at the _beach.jpg
    67 at the _beach.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 326

Baja71

Bronco Guru
If you find some, post 'em...'cause that is sweeeeet! Nice color! :cool:

Baja71

Bronco Guru
That's John's EB?? No kidding. I never would have figured that one out. Well, he still has the stock seats in it! ;D

El Jefe

Bronco Guru
ooooohhhh-aahhhhhh nice. Like the piza cutters- i am partial to that look. not to hi-kack the thread but does anyone have pics of an EB with the 34x10.5 swampers on stock solid steel wheels??

ontherun

Loc.
San Antonio
this will break your heart...I was spotting him when the ground gave way under him...but he didn't spill his beer...sorry John to bring this up again...L
the album http://www.texasoffroad.net/galleries/lonestar/album538

Longs_ranch_034.sized.jpg

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
IT'S BEEN ALMOST 15 years since I've see my old Dupont books but I'd Say that the color is Grabber Blue 5205A or 5205l or 5205D or 5205U SEVERAL DIFFERENT PAINTS but I think that's the color.. But remember I reaching back many years
But Dupoint used to say That I had the oldest set of paint books in Texas.......

FerrumCampitor

Loc.
Hutchinson, MN
Hah! I remember that weekend. ;D It was down at South Padre island in June. Not much wheeling that weekend but lots of fun Bronco games and campfire stories. If I remember correctly, I co-piloted a blind-folded Mr. Monroe in that rig to a first place finish in the blind obstacle course. Damn that was fun! We should do that again some year. His bronco in that exact configuration is what made me come to love the stock bronco. Ahh the memories of uncut beauties:
Monroe's blue rig - lost to the dark side:eek:
Jody Koonze's "Fire Ant" - lost to the dark side:eek:
Greg Sutherland's white uncut with 31x10.5 TSL swampers and a hot rod stance (loved that look too) - lost to the dark side.:eek:

Any of you guys regret passing the point of no return when you see those old photos?:p

adunham

Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
El Jefe said:
ooooohhhh-aahhhhhh nice. Like the piza cutters- i am partial to that look. not to hi-kack the thread but does anyone have pics of an EB with the 34x10.5 swampers on stock solid steel wheels??

I can grant your wish, as it is my all time favorite Bronco pic:

Attachments

• 13043greenuncut.jpg
    13043greenuncut.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 389

kirkallen143

Loc.
Navasota, Texas
FerrumCampitor said:
Hah! I remember that weekend. ;D It was down at South Padre island in June. Not much wheeling that weekend but lots of fun Bronco games and campfire stories. If I remember correctly, I co-piloted a blind-folded Mr. Monroe in that rig to a first place finish in the blind obstacle course. Damn that was fun! We should do that again some year. His bronco in that exact configuration is what made me come to love the stock bronco. Ahh the memories of uncut beauties:
Greg Sutherland's white uncut with 31x10.5 TSL swampers and a hot rod stance (loved that look too) - lost to the dark side.:eek:

Any of you guys regret passing the point of no return when you see those old photos?:p

Alex, and you did not include my Bronco on this thread? I'm going to have to spank you. Well, here's another lifted and UNCUT, but w/ 33"x10.5" BFGs.

Kirk

ontherun

Loc.
San Antonio
kirkallen143 said:
Alex, and you did not include my Bronco on this thread? I'm going to have to spank you. Well, here's another lifted and UNCUT, but w/ 33"x10.5" BFGs ..Kirk

okay now Kirk,.... let's look @ the engine of that unmolested Bronco,....:eek: L.

ontherun

Loc.
San Antonio
FerrumCampitor said:

Nope, don't regret it at all....L
my_pics_0004.thumb.jpg

FerrumCampitor

Loc.
Hutchinson, MN
kirkallen143 said:
Alex, and you did not include my Bronco on this thread? I'm going to have to spank you. Well, here's another lifted and UNCUT, but w/ 33"x10.5" BFGs.

Sorry good buddy. But you weren't there and I know Borris will never give in to the darkside!;D Well...at least not the body.;)

OP
OP
skrit

skrit

Contributor
A Horse with No Name
Loc.
Durham
Well, my heart has been broken to find out that John's original uncut masterpiece is gone forever. :cry: However, if one were to try to duplicate that setup, anyone have the specs? (tire size, suspension lift, body lift, soft top type, etc...). I am not even finished with my 74 project now and I'm already thinking of changing it!

OP
OP
skrit

skrit

Contributor
A Horse with No Name
Loc.
Durham
FerrumCampitor said:
You mean John right? Not Tom. As I remember, it was a 3 1/2" lift with 33x9.5 BFG Mud Terrains. He made the bumpers himself. I've no idea what type of soft top it was, but it looks exactly like my old Kayline soft top. (I still have all the hardware for my kayline if you're interested ;)) Here are some more pics for you:
http://www.lonestar-ebc.com/Members/MemberPage.asp?Membership=39

Yes, I meant John. Thanks for the info. Was it just a suspension lift?