• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FS/FT "1978" Rockcrawler CJ7 *Now with Pics - 56k death*

Status
Not open for further replies.

amc78cj7

Loc.
Ann Arbor, MI
Let's move the important stuff to the top. Buy this and you will be allowed to attend Camp Jeep 2007. Something I know all Bronco owners envy. :D
http://www.jeep.com/jeep_life/events/camp_jeep/

Pics in post 2

The more I look at the EBs, the more I think it may be fun to own. I am considering selling or trading the CJ7. Pic in my avatar:

<-------------

Titled as a 1978 CJ7. I did a frame off a year ago when the Jeep had only 65k miles.
Fiberglass body
Hinged front fenders
LED tail-lights, recessed
Sandblasted and POR-15'd frame. Extended shock mounts on all four corners
Full roll cage (covers entire seating area, front and rear) tied into frame
custom rock sliders also welded to frame
Swingout bumper / tire carrier
Throttle body injected Chevy 350
flex-a-lite black magic electric fan
aluminum radiator
Centech wiring harness
700r4 tranny
B&M megashifter
NP241c t-case with JB conversions slip-yoke eliminator
Borgeson Heavy Duty steering shaft
Full width high pinion kingpin Dana 60 front with heim high-steer, dual piston caliper disc brakes 5.13 gears
Full width full float D60 rear with disc brakes and detroit locker 5.13 gears
tom woods CV driveshaft
dual optima batteries (one red, one yellow)
Warn XD9000i winch
(5) 38x15.5x17LT Super Swamper Radials (95% tread, almost new) on 8 lug aluminum rims
Boomerang shackles
Spring Over Axle with Wagoneer front leafs on all corners (about 8-10" lift and super flexy).
Factory fiberglass Hardtop + safari bikini top
Full steel doors (late CJ model with paddle handles)
Two-piece soft doors also with paddle handles

I will only consider selling for $15,000 firm or possibly a trade for a very nice Early Bronco. I have over $15,000 in receipts for parts (many that I got at a cheaper than market price), not including the labor.

Last edited:
OP
OP
amc78cj7

amc78cj7

Loc.
Ann Arbor, MI
Pics

Hardtop with current setup
100_0173.jpg

Bikinitop with old 39.5" wheels (not included)
jeffspics20012.jpg

Front
100_0159.jpg

Dana 60 Kingpin front with high steer
100_0160.jpg

Dana 60 rear with discs
100_0163.jpg

TBI Chevy 350 V8 with Dual Optima batteries
100_0167.jpg

Hinged Front fenders for easy engine access
100_0169.jpg

Swing-out tire carrier/bumper and recessed LED lights
100_0172.jpg

Front Passenger cab with full cage
100_0165.jpg

Rear Passenger cab with full cage
100_0166.jpg

OP
OP
amc78cj7

amc78cj7

Loc.
Ann Arbor, MI
Not that it was getting a lot of hits here, but........

I think I'm taking my Jeep off the market. To much history with it. I measured and think I can move my rear seat back 4" to give my son more leg room.

If anyone finds this post in future searches and wants to make an offer, just send me a PM. I may be tempted to sell if the price were right.

JeepGuy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Dude, thats a sweet Jeep and obviously you have a lot of time invested in it. The Bronco thing is cool, but I really don't think it's worth giving up that ride. The CJ's have always had their own "cult following" long before the Glam Jeeps of the 80's. I'm sure many will disagree, but a True Jeep, CJ that is, is just as appealing on and off road as the Bronco's. The major difference is that the Bronco's obviously weren't made in the numbers that Jeeps were, so the "rare" factor plays into the Addiction and Cool factor.

If the CJ is wearing on you, park it for awhile and wrench on the new project. It's kinda cool having one of each.

Status
Not open for further replies.