• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Is it worth fixing?

CHVYPWR

Loc.
SW Mi.
52DSCN1710-med.JPG

52DSCN1708-med.JPG

It's '74...or whats left of one. It was used as a plow truck it's whole life, has 66K miles, drivline is ALL there untouched. Body on the other hand, well...:'( There isn't anything left to bolt doors to. Opinions, options??

OP
OP
C

CHVYPWR

Loc.
SW Mi.
Jeepster said:
prob not. Hows the frame look? Is it free? Does it run?

Almost free, I need to find a 302 to trade for it. A friend of mine got it for free for the 302 for his F-150. He said he was going to junk it after he pulled the engine. I couldn't see it go to the srcap yard! He told if I found him a running/rebuildable 302, I could have the Bronco. Drivline wise, it's pretty much what I've been looking for as a daily winter driver/work/tow rig (my Jeep is getting a bit tired at 200k miles). If I could find doors cheap enough, I could rebuild the door frames, and the floor should be a big deal to rebuild. It wouldn't be a show truck by any means, more along the lines of work/winter beater.

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
They can ALL be fixed. If you have the time and money, go for it. If you want a trail truck and are not looking for a show truck, the sheetmetal is fairly cheap. OR, you could buy it and put another type of body on there. If you pick it up cheap and you keep your eyes open, you can find a used tub that isn't cherry but usable.

g-money

Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I say get it and go find yourself a fiberglass body. On a 74 you will get a D44 up front (maybe disk brakes) and possible PS and PB. Lots of good stuff in teh running gear.

Galen

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
Let him have the motor and take what's left . Don't waste your time looking for a 302 , you could be looking for a 351 to replace it . The body is not the finest and I would be skeptical about the frame . Snow plow vehicles are notorious for abused trannies , front suspension parts and broken frames . I would swap the everything into your heep (front &rear ends as well as the dana 20 ) and keep searching for another project that has a better chance .

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Fiberglass body or search for a decent tub dont let another bronco go to heaven heck I'll give you a 302 for it

El Jefe

Bronco Guru
CHVYPWR said:
Almost free, I need to find a 302 to trade for it. A friend of mine got it for free for the 302 for his F-150. He said he was going to junk it after he pulled the engine. I couldn't see it go to the srcap yard! He told if I found him a running/rebuildable 302, I could have the Bronco. Drivline wise, it's pretty much what I've been looking for as a daily winter driver/work/tow rig (my Jeep is getting a bit tired at 200k miles). If I could find doors cheap enough, I could rebuild the door frames, and the floor should be a big deal to rebuild. It wouldn't be a show truck by any means, more along the lines of work/winter beater.

let me know if you decide to scrap it. (ejcamez@yahoo.com)

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D Look around you should be able to find a 302 or hole wrecked car for very little money I got one with a running motor for ok trans cost me 30.00 saved the motor/trans and scraped the rest got 25.00 for the scrap. I got the motor so I could teach my grandson how to build a motor as he wants a mustang 66/68 and that is wnat he will get.;D ;D ;D Bill :cool: %) :p

mxpaz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
KC
Hell no. That thing is done. But I would give a old 302 for it.

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
I'd give you a old 302 and a stick of gum for it...;D

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
fixable with some time & money. good parts truck, auto, d44, prob p/s, complete for the most part. if you are adventureous fix it.

OP
OP
C

CHVYPWR

Loc.
SW Mi.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
From those few pictures and the discription, it is a parts truck. For 60k, remember that it was a plow truck. There are probably 20k in driving in reverse. That means 100k miles of pure hell that thing went through.

That body is so far gone it isn't funny. Strange part is how good the roof looks. At the moment, that is probably the main structural component in the whole truck. If the frame is salavagable, then swapping a different body might be feasable. If not, there is a core D44 that is rebuild baterial that many people would want. the rest of the stuff depends on what came on the rig.