• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Full Build, is Kincer worth it?

Scubadds

I am in the middle of 3 Bronco projects, I am struggling with the idea of getting a kincer chassis. (This particular Bronco will have new Dennis carpenter body, and coyote, full build from the ground up). I could get the kincer leaf sprung chassis, which would be nice; 2” lift built in, 2” wider, more cross members etc, Just seems nice to have a guaranteed straight and rust free frame…….Or for a decent bit more I could get the 4 coils sprung variant, which has axle housing, spring etc….(which I will need anyway) I want as good and safe a ride as possible, thinking a 33” tire (similar to velocity)

Would you guys think or know if the coil sprung variant would ride better On the road? I hear so many opinions that leafs spring are ok, then I hear they are problematic for ride quality. I have other vehicle for off road, this will not be a trail monkey.

Another Bronco came with a 5.5” lift, has an older duff setup; seems to have bump steer issues; It doesn’t drive well at all; I have yet to modify if from how I bought it as I just am not sure which suspension system to go with…..so I am a bit cautious

BC bronco suggested I use my stock chassis;
Thanks for any advice

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you have the money, the kincer stuff is very nice, there are other shops that make frames as well, TDK, velocity, roadster etc....

3 builds is a lot!

OP
OP
S

Scubadds

The base kincer leaf is $5750 bare; in the big picture that’s not a huge cost….. the next one jumps to $14k or so, but it closer to a roller

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
spend it if you got money to spend. i would stick to a stock EB frame. minimal 3" lift to keep low COG. my opinion.

Wild horse 75

Loc.
BC
The TDK is very similar to Kincer and quite a bit cheaper especially after shipping. I priced out both and shipping to northern Washington state was almost as much as the TDK chassis alone. They make a really nice chassis but I just can’t justify that kind of extra cost. After shipping the TDK is still less than the Kincer. I will be getting the krawlers edge tank and family cage though.

OP
OP
S

Scubadds

Thanks. I wil check them out.
I would plan to drive over to kincer and pick it up.

I guess my question is also is the 4 coil setup better? Vs leaf ?

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru

Yes, it is. It'll give a better ride and better handling.

Todd Z.

Wild horse 75

Loc.
BC

I would absolutely spend the money if it’s in the budget. I like the patriot chassis too. Unfortunately neither are in my budget so I’m buying a chassis and duff suspension and rebuilding my diffs.

OP
OP
S

Scubadds

thanks guys, I spoke with Emily there this am; Got a fresh quote for the builder series, they are booked till Jan/Feb; which is fine with me....
Think I will sell off one of the projects and go that direction

Audifan

Contributor
I just posted my Kincer adventure chassis and custom body for sale in the classified section today. Only selling cuz I have to many other things going and its just sitting. But I am a Raving fan of Kincer products. Their Chassis are unbelievable.

KrawlersEdge

Loc.
Louisville, TN
thanks guys, I spoke with Emily there this am; Got a fresh quote for the builder series, they are booked till Jan/Feb; which is fine with me....
Think I will sell off one of the projects and go that direction
Buzz us back when you’re ready to move forward. Lead times are really good right now but constantly changing. I think you’re making a good decision to go the coil sprung 4-link route - I chose the Freeway Series chassis for my personal bronco to keep CG low and I also added the Tractive semi active shocks later as icing on the cake. Happy to help any way I can! Come see the shop and drive Broncos if you have time! Happy Thanksgiving!! ~ Emily

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice. Glad to see things progressing. To one of your other comments Scubadds, it’s rarely surprising that a bronco with a 5 1/2 inch lift handles like crap. It would be more surprising to hear that one was done correctly and drove well!
To do a 5 1/2 inch successfully, you really do have to do a lot of other things associated with the suspension and steering especially.
Keeping it light up top doesn’t hurt either, but correcting steering angles and driveline angles is critical.