• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

16x8 Wheels… i need tires and dont know what fits

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
I just dont know what tire fits and where to get them
If I'm understanding your question I can only say with certainty is a 16" tire (really, I'm not trying to be a smart ass here). Height/ratio will depend on your drivetrain & gearing, lift, how you intend to use the truck etc..

Oldtimer

Contributor
Jr. Member with Sr. moments
Loc.
Sunnyvale, CA
My tires are usually 2" wider than the rim.
This provdes some protection to rim, and minimizes sidwall exposure to rock cuts.
So. . . a 285/75R16 in KM3 or K02 would be 11" wide & 32ish" diameter.

Timstrk

In the metric ie: 285/75-16 the first number is tread width in mm. The second is an aspect ration of tire height to width. 75% in this case, so roughly 214mm above the wheel and 214 below the wheel when mounted plus the 16" diameter of the wheel. Roughly 32.5" diameter. Bigger first number is wider, bigger second number is taller and third number has to match your wheel.