• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1970 Seafoam Build - infuriating update

MKMcCoy

Veteran Young Guy
Loc.
30A, Inlet Beach, FL
Yesterday: truck ready - all road testing, accessory checks, driveline checks, final detail complete.

Transporter arrives at noon to pick up for delivery me to me today.

Against every warning, the [compound expletive deleted}ing driver adds lumber on the ramps. Of course, a board kicks up and creases the rear 1/4 panel.

So, all is now pushed back for (re)body work, (re)prep and (re)respray.

This is actually an almost two year ordeal (just like the 6G, where I am a Day One reservation and still do not have a truck), as my first foray into acquiring my dream truck ended badly last year when the exquisite 1972 Wind Blue U15 I bought and shipped from California turned into a nightmare. I went to title and plate it here in Fl and was informed it had a junked stamp from NMVTIS. FL will not plate vehicles with stamps. That one went back to Cali.

And yes, this is a first-world problem, so after cooling off over the last 18 hours, I have perspective. Still.... PHOTO-2022-09-08-12-33-18.jpg

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Man that sucks! I dont understand why he put the boards in there. Truck looks like it would have had plenty of clearance! Good luck with it all.
I understand the frustration on the 6G broncos took over a year to get mine and it want even a high end model. But when you get behind the wheel of either bronco it will be worth it!

scoutingranch

I like my women straight and my Broncos stock. Why the driver added wood is a mystery.
I've on and off loaded hundreds of vehicles and heavy equipment for decades, I'm clueless why this occurred.
The upside? Seafoam Green and uncut...I think I just felt something move.

OP
OP
MKMcCoy

MKMcCoy

Veteran Young Guy
Loc.
30A, Inlet Beach, FL
Man that sucks! I dont understand why he put the boards in there. Truck looks like it would have had plenty of clearance! Good luck with it all.
I understand the frustration on the 6G broncos took over a year to get mine and it want even a high end model. But when you get behind the wheel of either bronco it will be worth it!
Get feedback. I'll cop to being part of my own 6G problem - the lack of a white top and (IMHO) the ridiculously blah black/brown/grey/roast/black brown.... interior choices put me off converting to an order.

On the plus side, I'm going to take a run at the Heritage Limited (yeah, as if I have a shot) - man, that Robins Egg Blue....

OP
OP
MKMcCoy

MKMcCoy

Veteran Young Guy
Loc.
30A, Inlet Beach, FL
I like my women straight and my Broncos stock. Why the driver added wood is a mystery.
I've on and off loaded hundreds of vehicles and heavy equipment for decades, I'm clueless why this occurred.
The upside? Seafoam Green and uncut...I think I just felt something move.
Agree and agree. My theory is this mouth-breather has ramps he doesn't trust and wanted extra stability.

Yeah - uncut and that color (I know its 71 only, so sue me..........)