• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OH 1973 Ford Bronco SCAM craigslist

Status
Not open for further replies.

broncodrew

I get excited as the next guy when i see a sweet deal. $2700 for this bronco? Yeah I will pay 3x as much for this one as seen on the picture...

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/ctd/3251894739.html

here is the communication:

My question:
"I saw your listing on craigslist. Is the listing for the bronco or a lift kit? Please verify."

Response:

Hello there Andy,

My name is Robert, and I'm emailing you about the Ford Bronco I have for sale. The car is in perfect condition, with no need for any additional repairs. Flawless exterior/interior condition. I legally own a clear title, free of any liens or loans, under my name. The price was reduced at $2,700. Because of my divorce settlement, I own this unit and because of my job I don`t need it so I`m trying to get rid of it as soon as possible (this is the reason for the price).
If you have any other questions, or need more info, please feel free to ask.
Thank you, Robert

My response: "I want to come take a look at it, give me your address/phone number and I will be right there."

Response:
Hi again Andy,

As I told you in my first email, I recently got divorced. I got a new job and moved to Topeka KS for a new start. The car is already at the shipping company in Topeka sealed and ready for the shipping. My presence won't be necessary because I prearranged the deal with Google Checkout. The deal includes free delivery and it will arrive at your address in 3 days. You will have 5 days to try out prior to making any purchase and if by any reason you find something you don't like about it you can send it back at my expense.
If you are interested in knowing more info about how it works, I can ask Google Checkout to send you an email with more information on how to purchase it. Google Checkout will contact you shortly after they have your details with all the information that you need to complete this deal and you will also have proof that I am covered by them and a legitimate seller. If you would like to receive the email from Amazon will all the transaction information please reply with your full name and phone # and they will contact you right away.

Regards, Robert

My response: "No thanks, sniff, sniff.....a scam."

Just trying to help everyone else out to avoid this deal. Maybe legit, I don't think so. If this is in the wrong section, can you please move to the right location.

Thanks. Broncodrew

OP
OP
broncodrew

broncodrew

No i did not...not sure how to. If anyone knows how to "flag" this as a scam, please help.

Thanks.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
It can take a bunch to flag and ad, so everyone should click on the CL post in the OP and flag it (upper right hand corner, slick on the spam or prohibited flag) until it is removed.

cjmiles7

Loc.
Cypress, TX
Same scam haha

I found the same thing but my guy moved to Des Monies, IA haha. here is his email and my response to see if he would reply back... (I don't have family in Iowa, I just looked up the area on google for some info) haha:-X
http://houston.craigslist.org/ctd/3427794550.html (looks like its already been flagged and removed though)

Hi Cody,

I am sorry for my late answer but I had a family emergency and didn't had time to access the PC. Thank you for your interest in the 1973 Ford Bronco 4x4 that I have for sale. It is still available.
The price is $ 2,900 with shipping and insurance included ( if needed ) .
From the beginning I have to tell you that the truck has no damages, scratches or any known problems. This is a perfect example of a classic early bronco. This truck fires up every time runs strong and sounds healthy. The motor has been recently tuned and all fluids changed. The truck was painted on both sides and the top last month, hood was painted with a fresh coat of clear. The bronco has a 302 V8, power steering, dana 44 limited slip, 4" lift kit, edlebroch carb, new 33" 12.5 r15 BFG all terrain tires, 3 speed converted to the floor. The interior floors are line x'd and seriously look brand new. The truck is in a perfect shape and condition, and I am only selling it at this price due to my divorce.

If you are asking $2,900.00 I am interested. Please let me know if this is still available for $2,900. Thanks!

http://houston.craigslist.org/ctd/3432593707.html

Hi again Cody,

As I told you in my first email, I recently got divorced so I got a new job and moved to Des Moines, IA for a new start. The truck is already at the shipping company in Des Moines sealed and ready for the shipping. My presence won't be necessary because I prearranged the deal with Google Checkout. I want to use Google Checkout escrow service because I've used it several times in the past and all my transactions ended successfully. The price includes delivery and the truck will arrive to your address in 3 days. Along with the truck you will receive all necessary papers to register it into your name including the free clear title which is already back signed and notarized by me for the transfer. You will have 5 days to try out prior to making any purchase and if by any reason you find something you don't like about it you can send it back at my expense but I assure you this will not be the case because you will love the truck from the first moment.

If you are interested in knowing more info about how it works, I can ask Google Checkout to send you an email with more information on how to complete the transaction. Google Checkout stuff will contact you shortly after they have your details with all the information that you need to complete this deal and you will also have proof that I am covered by them and a legitimate seller. If you would like to be contacted by Google Checkout with all the transaction information please reply with your full name and phone # and they will contact you right away. If you have any other questions or need more info about the truck please let me know.

Regards,

Dylan

my reply!
What a small world! I have an Uncle that lives in West Des Moines over by the Waveland Golf Course off University Ave. I will be up there this weekend having a late Thanksgiving/early Christmas with him my Aunt and Cousins. I can meet up with you there with cash and we don't have to deal with google checkout or shipping. Plus that will be a nice drive back home to break it in. Why don't you give me address and time to where we can meet on Saturday?

thanks!

I don't think he is going to respond haha

Status
Not open for further replies.