• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1974 Bronco I need some opinions

OP
OP
M

MBC

Thanks, yes I live in Mount Joy. I purchased the Bronco !
I also purchased another 74 3 speed 302 and a complete rolling chassis 3 speed 302
So now I have 2 1/2 :)

Techstudent

Loc.
Missoula
I also purchased another 74 3 speed 302 and a complete rolling chassis 3 speed 302

Excellent news, indeed, and congratulations! :cool: More photos are in order sir!

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK

Congrats! :) Let the spending begin!!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

haha.. Nice

Congrats sir

OP
OP
M

MBC

Back at the shop I cleaned it up a little to see what I am dealing with.
I drove it on the road for about 30 minutes, seems ok, everything works !
Here are some better pics
Sorry still don't know how to rotate pictures

Attachments

• IMG_3726.JPG
    IMG_3726.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3739.JPG
    IMG_3739.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3738.JPG
    IMG_3738.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3736.JPG
    IMG_3736.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3734.JPG
    IMG_3734.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_3732.JPG
    IMG_3732.JPG
    121.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3730.JPG
    IMG_3730.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3728.JPG
    IMG_3728.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_3741.JPG
    IMG_3741.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_3742.JPG
    IMG_3742.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 61

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Back at the shop I cleaned it up a little to see what I am dealing with.
I drove it on the road for about 30 minutes, seems ok, everything works !
Here are some better pics
Sorry still don't know how to rotate pictures

lol, if it's an I phone, bottom of phone, should be to right side holding parallel. Works for me

krashnpa

Loc.
Mounted Joy, PA
Sweet! Also in Mt Joy. I'll look for this driving around!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Dlish

Congrats on the new rig. Lot of Pa people around you, im not too far in Malvern.

This forum has a ton of info, and Mid Atlantic Early Broncos is local too. mEB hosts a Roundup every summer and other events through the year. Between online and local support you are set. Dont hesitate to holler if you need a set of hands to help eith anything

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
That truck has allot of rust needing repair. You need to get the truck on a lift or get under the thing. It looks to be an explorer model. A sport would normally have more brite trim.

OP
OP
M

MBC

That truck has allot of rust needing repair. You need to get the truck on a lift or get under the thing. It looks to be an explorer model. A sport would normally have more brite trim.

It will be a complete body off restoration. It does have a lot of rust ! The frame is good from what I could see. I won't really know until I start taking everything apart.
There is no Explorer badge on the glove box.
I did order a Marti report, I don't know if that will tell me that information.

OP
OP
M

MBC

Congrats on the new rig. Lot of Pa people around you, im not too far in Malvern.

This forum has a ton of info, and Mid Atlantic Early Broncos is local too. mEB hosts a Roundup every summer and other events through the year. Between online and local support you are set. Dont hesitate to holler if you need a set of hands to help eith anything

Thank you ! I really appreciate the help.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
It will be a complete body off restoration. It does have a lot of rust ! The frame is good from what I could see. I won't really know until I start taking everything apart.

What's the body/trim code on the VIN badge and we can tell right now if it was an explorer. The Marti will say also.

OP
OP
M

MBC

Here is the requested information

Attachments

• IMG_3724.JPG
    IMG_3724.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 47
OP
OP
M

MBC

Here is a copy of the Marti report
It does say it's an explorer but there is no badge on the glovebox cover
It does appear to be original (the glovebox door) Is there a reason the explorer badge wouldn't be there

Attachments

• U15GLU06564_dlxrpt.pdf
    244.3 KB · Views: 28

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Certainly. Either a Ford or a Ford-supplier screw-up.
Many of the early Rangers did not get an emblem on the glovebox either. We've discussed both situations, but I don't think anyone has really said they knew for sure why some did not get them.
It's not like yours is an early Explorer or anything, and we know that even in '72 they were getting them. So it seems likely that either they ran out of them temporarily or the glovebox door just got mistaken for a non-Explorer build and by the time it got to the assembly line they weren't going to try to make it right.

Another interesting little "thing" about old utility vehicles and old assembly lines.

Paul

OP
OP
M

MBC

Certainly. Either a Ford or a Ford-supplier screw-up.
Many of the early Rangers did not get an emblem on the glovebox either. We've discussed both situations, but I don't think anyone has really said they knew for sure why some did not get them.
It's not like yours is an early Explorer or anything, and we know that even in '72 they were getting them. So it seems likely that either they ran out of them temporarily or the glovebox door just got mistaken for a non-Explorer build and by the time it got to the assembly line they weren't going to try to make it right.

Another interesting little "thing" about old utility vehicles and old assembly lines.

Paul

Thanks for the information on that Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

Look forward to the progress....