• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1976 bronco ranger blue black houndstooth int

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
I am buying a set of 77 bronco ranger rear interior panels, blue black houndstooth I haven’t put the panels side-by-side but how far off will 77 wheel well opening be on the drivers side compared to a 76 bronco ranger int thanks for any advice

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well, there’s a major difference in the sheet metal shape, of course. So it would necessarily cause a little headache, but I’m not sure just how much trouble it would cause for mounting panels.
Maybe there’s a simple filler material (wood, metal, plastic, fiberglass?) you could use.
And if you’re using carpet over the floor, you could match the carpet over your new panel section.

If you’re going to buy them anyway, I guess you will find out!
I have some pictures somewhere around here of 77 inner quarter panels around the wheel well, but it might take me longer to find them, and for you to do the work!
Good luck!

OP
OP
56f100bbw

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
Thanks dirtdonk in a few weeks I will be near my 77 bronco And we able to do a comparison side-by-side panels, 76,77 driver side you had a good idea about the carpet because I’m putting new carpet in so I might be able to use that as a filler . My 76 interior rear panels are nice but I didn’t want speaker holes in them the 77s. I got them flattened out real nice little bit of water and a board. Let them dry it out for a week or two came out nice no more warp.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Fantastic. If you catch them in time, that’s a good way to fix them. I’ve seen some (too many!) that were too far gone.

OP
OP
56f100bbw

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
This one is my 77 passenger side going on my 76 still needs a little more cleanup, but it will be nicer than having a big hole for the speaker , passenger side should be a direct Bolton ,this picture is before I had it flattened out , dent in the blue vinyl roll bar sitting there wont come out but I’m putting another roll bar in so it may cover it

Attachments

• IMG_6155.jpeg
    IMG_6155.jpeg
    182.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
When you wetted them, did you weight them down with something too? Or just laying them on the rigid surface did the job?

OP
OP
56f100bbw

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
I laid them on my workbench had the top vinyl hang over the side Laid a blanket over the vinyl houndstooth laid flat long boards on top and probably 30 pounds of weight for a week or so till it all dried out came out flat