• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1976 bronco ranger rear blue interior houndstooth panels

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
I have a 76 ranger , blue interior rear panels that are warped must have got wet . Has anybody ever tried to take off the material and put it on a new board fiber type or something else , my upholstery guy wanted me to wet it down and clamp it between two boards let it dry trying to straighten it out not sure if anybody’s tried that not sure if I want too

Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I’ve never actually heard of anybody doing that. Would be very interesting to see if it’s even possible, or if the different materials are too intertwined to separate.

OP
OP
56f100bbw

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
Nobody has ever tried to restore their old Original ranger door panels with a new board or try to straighten it out

Last edited:

dmoses42

Contributor
Bronco addict
Loc.
Brunswick, Ga
I think before trying it on Bronco panels, I'd get a random warped up one from a junkyard and try with that to see if its possible. Just a thought...

OP
OP
56f100bbw

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
I think before trying it on Bronco panels, I'd get a random warped up one from a junkyard and try with that to see if its possible. Just a thought...
Probably a good idea I thought about even fiberglass the backside to hold it straight thin layer maybe

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nobody has ever tried to restore their old Original ranger door panels with a new board or try to straighten it out

I’ve heard of a few folks doing this with the front panels, so maybe it’s possible with the rear ones.

OP
OP
56f100bbw

56f100bbw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson / lakeside AZ
I’ve heard of a few folks doing this with the front panels, so maybe it’s possible with the rear ones.
Ok , My front ones are pretty nice except for the peeling of the plastic chrome on the edges. I was going to try to buy some chrome tape to make it look somewhat original.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ok , My front ones are pretty nice except for the peeling of the plastic chrome on the edges. I was going to try to buy some chrome tape to make it look somewhat original.

Please let me know how the chrome tape works? Have one that has the same issue.