• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AR 1977 Bronco Good Deal???

Status
Not open for further replies.

roughhog

Loc.
Bentonville
Newbie here and looking for help. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I talked to the guy earlier and he said he was unsure about the motor but he thinks it has something wrong with a fuel line. But let me know what you guys think. I could use all the info you guys have to throw at me. This will be my first Bronco project and I'm wanting to make this as good as a experience as possible.

He is asking 2200. The info below is all the info he has gave me so far. Check out the picture and tell me what you think. He did tell me that the pics of the whole rig make it look better than what it is.

zchandler00
3kb3p43l55Q05Z35S0a4ba6d9fdc65af319.jpg
uzuz035.jpg
uzuz038.jpg
uzuz043.jpg
uzuz046.jpg

The worst stuff: (see Pictures)

* Right side ; Rust bad at rear jam of passenger side door, where a galvanized patch was screw/d in place to hold door jam…also on inside rear fender hump –shown after I pulled up the carpet is rusted thru…..This area between the door / and ahead of the wheel is the worst rust area in the vehicle – strange?

* Left side: Needs front door post (typical Bronco drivers door sag at the hinges- thing).

Rust along seam below mid side trim.

Rusted out around the Aux. Gas cap filler cover- another strange rust area.

* Rear: Bumper bent & Licence holder bent from impact. Rust along tailgate seams

Rear lift gate latch does not work (just spins?)

* Interior: Front floors have some typical rust thru

Front seat upholstery’s are shot.

Rear seat is stored in garage –good?

Pass side interior door panel is missing?

* Bottom of Bronco/Frame: Looks pretty good !?

except floors/ which are rusted as typical …

wheel well openings are uncut and in good condition.

* Doors: Good -except

a lower scuff(dent) in Pass door

Drivers door a rust hole in middle where a later model Mirror was attached

* Engine: Covered with dirt and nuts (Squirrels) Non Original air Cleaner .

Engine turns freely – should be no reason that it would not run –

Engine did not use oil and transmission was good.

Mileage: Vehicle shows 4,304 miles….. (104,304) and has not moved for at least 15 years.

Amelie

You better be a wizard or you are getting a new tub-That thing is RUSTY!-

Broncoman1966

Honestly that is alot of sheetmetal work. If you aren't handy with the welder and a great body man run away. You'll spend more money to fix this one up than you would have spent to buy a nice one. The economy is bad and there are some steals out there. Be patient and wait is my advice. In my opinion 1500 would be my best offer. Only because of the goodies that 77s have. I would use all the good parts to build a nice rig. Afterwards I would part that thing out and send that tub to the junk yard.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Truck is trashed. The 77's are good because they have some quality parts in them. At this point I think that's what this truck is, a parts truck. With that much rust i suspect the frame will be bad too. However you do have a good opportunity here if you want to learn more about broncos. If you can get it cheap, under a thousand dollars. You can part it out and get some experience with Broncos. The Cheaper the better but you would have no problem making your money back if you can get it for a grand or less.

LSUpete

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That thing is useless.

Offer him $800 if you think you can remove the axels, power steering and brake components, clean all of them and sell them. Otherwise, run far and fast from that thing.

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Don't do it.......I think you'll find a lot more rust and worthlessness than we can see in the photos. Even the frame is toast!!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Yep, as they said.. Wait for another one to come along

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Well I have a 77 sitting out back that from a distance looks better than that one.
IMG00233-20100410-1511.jpg

Frame is beyond repair, Body, don't open the doors if you like your toes. Ect....( No nothing is for sale off this one ;D)
And i can tell you the one you are looking at will be like this one, a good parts donor.

Status
Not open for further replies.