• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1977 Bronco Tan Houndstooth Upholstery

hlmoore1

We have a 1977 Ford Bronco Ranger orange with white top with tan Houndstooth original seats and we need them reupholstered in the original fabric. We have not been able to find it, we keep finding the ginger color and want the tan. Can anyone help with a company that might have this? Additionally, we have been trying to find the tan arm rests.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JoGN2Ty9qTpCi3La9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/z1BbQpBDeKuptXX29

dmoses42

Contributor
Bronco addict
Loc.
Brunswick, Ga
If you haven't tried SMS Auto Fabrics, shoot them a message. Tell them what you are looking for and they will send you free samples of the material they have available, or at least they sent my samples free of charge. Not sure on the armrests. I think CJ Pony Parts has some different colors than the standard black and parchment, for the front. Pa Pitt directed me to SEM paint if I couldn't find Ginger rear armrests, and that is probably the way I will go. If I have to paint the rear ones, I'll paint the front ones too to make sure the color is uniform between them. Hope this helps...

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I have a 77 ranger with tan interior as well. I have not seen any reproduction armrests in tan. The ones they do make in other colors are not quite the same as originals. They are a bit smaller and not as “beefy”.
You can occasionally find originals on eBay. They are the same as Econoline and F100 arm rests. If you end up using vinyl dye, SEM has some colors that are close. Both Palomino, and Santa Fe are close matches but not exact. You can have some SEM vinyl dye mixed to match the old armrests and it holds up very well. It’s difficult to get the front and rear armrests, rear quarter panels, and seat backs to match without having to dye something.
Here is a pair on eBay:

I’m not sure where to get houndstooth. I have covered my seats twice. Once with NOS cloth from an obsolete material supplier and then with covers from Bronco Hut. Both of those suppliers are gone…. I would save the old covers as patterns and for color matching. I wish I had kept mine 24 years ago.

Here is a NOS Tan armrest in the bottom of this pic and a reproduction on the top.
f5569e67cbb581d8cdf2a9c755ed36ad.jpg

Last edited:

SeaVee

Contributor
Going thru the same deal with my 77 Ranger. I actually got the fabric and vinyl from SMS, but it still doesn’t look exactly like my original seats. I have a buddy restoring another bronco and he tried TMI, they look like they have some good stuff. My issue is the rear seat armrest and the dash, I cannot find anyone that can match the original color. My original dash and armrest were blue, here’s a picture of my original dash

Attachments

• IMG_1486.jpeg
    IMG_1486.jpeg
    197.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1484.jpeg
    IMG_1484.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1483.jpeg
    IMG_1483.jpeg
    226.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1482.jpeg
    IMG_1482.jpeg