• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2 Barrel EFI Upgrade Recommendations for Stock 1976 Bronco

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sorry, don't mean to make sidebar hack...

I am watching this tread for my 79 Bronco, thinking ahead for an EFI conversion. For those running a stock tank with no slosh box inside for the pickup and off angles, any issues with that?

I did a EFI conversion, Mustang, on a 77 with one factory tank and the Owner never complained about any issues...
yes, I did an in tank pump on my stock 74 rear tank yrs ago, when it gets close to a 1/4 tank if going down hills for some time then start back up it will get air in the lines, it will only skip maybe once then take off but it will get your attention

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
What did you do regarding temperature sensor location? Where put the EFI sensor and where put the gauge sensor? Thanks.
I put the temp sensor for the sniper in the provision for it on the intake manifold. To keep the stock temp gauge functional I ended up drilling and tapping the boss on top of the thermostat housing to mount the factory sending unit. It works but I don't even pay attention to it, I have the sniper's hand held screen mounted on the dash which displays the coolant temp in actual numbers as well as voltage, rpm and all kinds of other info that I don't always need to pay attention to while driving. I Only need the stock speedo cluster for the mph's, oil pressure and fuel gauge.