• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2001 Explorer 4R70W stock converter stud size

aisawalsh

Hello, I installed a 4R70W transmission from a 2001 Ford Explorer but the torque converter did not come with any nuts. Does anyone know the nut/stud size to bolt the converter to the flex-plate?

Jaybr

Contributor
Went through this recently and I believe these are the nuts I used.

High-Strength Steel Distorted-Thread Flange Locknut, Black-Oxide, 3/8"-24 Thread Size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I just picked up a set from the dealer. In stock and price was fair. And it is the right part.
The link above scares me a little, not a fan of distorted threads as a thread lock. at least on threads I care about. The factory nuts don't have an issue with falling off, so I just do that. Maybe a touch of blue threadlock if I am feeling paranoid that day.

Jaybr

Contributor
The link above scares me a little, not a fan of distorted threads as a thread lock. at least on threads I care about. The factory nuts don't have an issue with falling off, so I just do that. Maybe a touch of blue threadlock if I am feeling paranoid that day.
I went by a master list here that I can't find now, but it said flanged stover nut which is what I used.