• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2020 LEBC Spring Roundup New Dates!!!

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Is there an "official" Parts Swap thread for this event?
When do folks start showing up?

No thread on CB for parts swap/sales, but there are parts posts on the LEBC Google Groups list. How to view or sign up is on the LEBC website home page. There is usually a trailer set up up near the pavilion for parts for sale.

We plan on making this event also. I see where online registration ended yesterday so I guess I'll do it when we get there. We also found a B&B in Mason. It will be my father and I making the trip. Look forward to seeing everyone there!

On site registration is fine - you just risk not having a shirt available in your size. But I suspect you’ll be ok this year.

bchesley

I hope everyone is getting ready. I am finishing up my last little project on the rig before we go. Last year didn't go well wheeling, I am hoping to be better prepared.

Check all your systems, even ones you think are good. I overlooked one last year. Looking forward to good times and good wheeling with good people.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Stand by. Mason County just shut down the Land Cruiser event at Katemcy Rocks for this coming weekend. They have NOT shut down the LEBC Round Up at this time. They are waiting to make a call on our event. More info to follow as a soon as we know more.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Mike Clouds (shobronco), President of LEBC, just put out a Facebook video on the LEBC FB Group about rescheduling of the LEBC Round Up: Round Up

The Round Up has been rescheduled to Oct 1-4 at K2 Katemcy Rocks, Mason Texas. (No change to venue.) If you're already registered and paid, refunds will be sent by request OR let your registration ride and get 20 extra raffle tickets for October!

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
As much as this sucks and I was excited to make this event for the first time, I do understand. I am going to try my best to make it in October.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
October should be great weather. Only thing missing will be the bluebonnets . . .

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
We will still try to make the October date also. I'll bet my work will fill in every available second to make up for all the TDY cancellations we have now.

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Rogers, you and your wife will enjoy the country side. As noted the bluebonnets will be in full bloom. Your automatic will work well at K2. When are you arriving? There is pre-event wheeling at Wolf Caves which is another awesome off road park within 5 miles of K2. That runs from Monday-Wednesday with discounted pricing to LEBC RU participants. If you're here early you may want to spend a day at WC.

Will there be a "pre-event" at Wolf Cave for the new October date? It'd be hard to justify the trip from South Carolina without getting a full week of riding in.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Will there be a "pre-event" at Wolf Cave for the new October date? It'd be hard to justify the trip from South Carolina without getting a full week of riding in.

K2 is only open on "event" weekends. Wolf Caves is open every week year-round. So, yes, there will be pre-event wheeling by many folks attending. LEBC has in the past negotiated a discount at WC (not huge, but worthwhile to take advantage of) for Round Up attendees. Pretty sure this will happen in Oct as it brings in folks to try out WC which is good for WC.

The "pre-event" wheeling is simply Bronco folks getting together to go over to WC which is about 5 miles by road away. A number of people actually stay in their RV at WC beginning the weekend prior and then move to K2 when the RU starts. Also WC has let people (who pre-event wheel) stay in their RVs the entire time at WC - the hook up sites are limited at K2. The rides at WC are not organized by LEBC but there are plenty of people going there who know the park and it's easy to hook up with a group.

See you in October!! ;D

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Someone should update this thread... It's like some folks got sick and disappeared or something.

ZOSO

I had a great time at the roundup. I was just a passenger in a spur the moment trip. I plan to make another trip back with my bronco in tow next time. Great event and run very well.