• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

5.0 computer question

derrick1032

Loc.
Calgary, Canada
I am converting to a 5.0 H.O setup out of an 89 mustang with the A9L computer.I can get a 8KH computer out of a 91 grand marquis as a spare for next to nothing in case of emergecy,will this fit right in or do the pins need to be changed?

derrick

72bronco

Bronco Guru
The 89-93 Mustang computers should all work for you. According to the FordFuelInjection website that includes computer codes X3Z, A9L, A3M, A3M1, S0Z, D3D1, A9M, A9P, C3W, C3W1, A9T, A9S, 8LD, and 8LF.

According to that site an AKH code is for a speed density computer, which is not going to work with your '89 mustang mass air setup.

See the following list: http://fordfuelinjection.com/index.php?p=17

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I have a 90 Grand Marquis SD ECM I keep as a spare for my A9P Mustang MAF ECM. The order on the injectors is different (I can't tell a difference however others say they can tell at an idle). Other that that the only differences are all related to pins for emissions stuff that I don't use. I.E. If I run the SD ECM with my MAF wiring then the check engine light comes on. Oh, one other difference which is critical. A vacuum line needs to be connected to the BP sensor for it run right.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
derrick1032 said:
thanks SADDLEUP, its just a back up for emergency so it sounds like it might just work in pinch ;D
Assuming the 90 and 91 are the same then it will as long as you remember to add the vacuum line. 8KH looks like it might even be the same code. I don't have mine handy right now to check though. I was going to let my brother use it for one of his but I think I'm going to give him the extra A9P I have here instead. Long story but I ended up with the extra A9P when I thought mine was bad, turned out to be 2 wires on the MAF that were wired backwards though.