• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

66 6cyl radiator leak....and ignition switch question.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Has a pin hole about 4" from the bottom, squirts a fair stream. Would like to keep it if possible as it's got the cap on the left side of the tank original. Is this repairable or just replace it?

Next issue. Keys were not included with the u15, so I pulled a door lock, had a key made, and it didn't fit the ignition. I've drilled one out before, but this one just spins with the drill. Ideas ???

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, an old fashioned radiator shop can solder closed a damaged tube. If more than two or three need to be closed off your better off with a new radiator. Good luck

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Pour some black pepper in it.
I would get it repaired if possible. I ordered a Spectra radiator for my 77. As soon as I got it I sent it back. It must have weighed 5 pounds less than my stock radiator and wasn't a perfect fit.

It's tough to find a good one that matches the original. Got mine re-cored.

OP
OP
okie4570

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Ha, I wondered how many replies I'd get before the pepper trick was mentioned. :)

djhudson05

A good radiator shop should be able to repair it. If the core has more than one leak or the tubes are rotting, they should be able to re-core it and use your original tanks.