• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

69 LUBR valuation help needed

n59rob

Loc.
Sweetwater, TN
I have found a 69 LUBR, one owner, 51,000 miles, with original window sticker, owners manual and sales brochures. New exhaust and new gas tank. Rust in floors, rockers, tailgate, and inner fenders in front of firewall. Never wrecked, runs good, drives straight. Thin paint, lots of patina. Sorry about the pics but I am not registered to post pics. Need help with value.

Thanks,
Robert

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Really need to post pictures, check the FAQs. The rust is a MAJOR detraction on value and really the one owner, 51k miles, owners manual feels good but doesn't add much to value when rusty. So based on no picture and lot of unknown value $1k to $10k, an early one doesn't have the goodies like auto, p/s, p/brakes, disc brakes, etc.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Agree Rob. Broncos are definitely collectibles now, but you don't add a ton of value by having those items you mention. Sure, it's a very cool thing to find a fairly rare window sticker for a Bronco. But it's not the big value-adder that it might be on a more rare vehicle or a more sought after one.
The 51k miles should be able to be verified. Mine says 75k on the odo, but I know it's got 175k because I watched it turn over to all zeros myself. If you know that it's legit though, that's a very nice low mileage vehicle for sure.
But like many other aspects, the low mileage aspect is only worth good money if the vehicle is still in good shape. Which leads to the patina and the rust.
If the patina is extensive, that's just old paint that someone will want to paint over. If it's just light patina, you've got something worth saving as-is.
But I'm going to say that Bronco patina is a VERY find line between super cool and way too much to keep. Mine is actually right at the breaking point. It's really not much, but between it and the faded paint, new paint would have made it worth more.

The good points are sounding pretty good. But the rust, by the time it reaches the rockers and the tailgate means you're going to find it in a lot of other places as well I would think.

So I'm in the $5000 to $8000 range myself. With that said however, there's a '69 on eBay right now (Candy Red) with way too much patina, way too much work needed to be done, but almost zero rust (seriously, good pics to prove it) and it's already up to $11,000 the last time I looked.
So my $8000 might be a bit low for today's market.

Even though a typical EB commands more money at auctions these days than a garden-variety '69 Camaro or '65 Mustang, the "low mileage" and "original paperwork" things just don't carry the weight yet that they do with those marques.
Now, brand new shiny paint on the other hand... That still reels 'em in like pirahnas to meat!

Good luck with it.

Oh, and if you do have pics you can share, send them to either one of us and we can post them up for you. If you see the "contributor" beneath the name, we can do it. My e-mail is paulb@wildhorses4x4.com and I think I can accept pics through that address. If not, I'll give you another one to try.

Thanks!

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Don't let Chris find out where it is... :) bajafresh75

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'd have to call it "potential" but hard to pay full price from having to literally replace many things on just about every corner of the truck.

But this is the kind of thing that sells for 10 grand because someone can't pay 20 grand for a finished one.
However the final cost after even a minor restoration will be well above that 20 grand mark without much trouble.

Paul

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Without rust, that's a $10-14K Bronco. Id have to be well under $8K to tackle that project but I don't do bodywork