• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

6th Annual MEB Wrench & Roast- August 3rd 2013 Dillsburg, Pa

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Posting this for the event hosts-

This year I received three project nominations. After careful review, I selected Chris Woolard’s (Luderchris)Bronco for this year’s Wrench & Roast.
Chris has been a member of MEB for last five years and has attended the past four Bronco Roundups as well as many other MEB events, including some Rausch Creek trips. Chris also participated in the 2011 Wrench & Roast. Chris’s Bronco is a 1973 based model and is used mostly for trail but does see the street on occasion. His truck has been out of commission since the 2012 Bronco Roundup due to engine issues, in Chris’s words, “engine is now toast”.
Please consider making the time to come out and assist Chris with getting his Bronco back on the trail. This year’s Wrench & Roast will be held on Saturday, August 3rd at my shop located in Dillsburg, Pa. This is also the same weekend as the Carlisle All Truck Nationals in Carlisle, Pa, which is only 20 minutes away. Think of making this a long weekend event. The shop will be available for use from Thursday evening through Sunday around noon. Folks have the liberty of assisting a fellow member throughout the weekend with Saturday being the main day of the Wrench & Roast event and enjoying the Carlisle show on Friday and Sunday if you so choose.
Camping will be available on the property (tent or RV) for those participating in the Wrench & Roast event. Anyone looking to camp at the property please let me know which day you plan to arrive, how long you plan to stay and any specific needs (water or electric hook-ups).
Proposed Build
 Engine swap (1997 5.8L) with a new clutch/fly wheel
 EFI conversion
 New front and rear bumpers
 Upper rear quarter panel protection
 New chassis wiring harness with new dash/gauges
 203-205 transfer case doubler
 New high angle front driveshaft
 New front coil springs

Where to Stay
 Camping at Portmann Residence – 3 Pleasant Hill Court, Dillsburg, Pa 17019
o Contact - AJ @ 717-649-8608 or Steph @ 717-215-7046
 Gifford Pinchot State Park – 2200 Rosstown Road, Lewisberry, Pa 17339
o Contact - Campground Office – 717-292-4112 or 717-432-5011
o Email: giffordpinchotsp@pa.gov
o 15 minutes from Portmann residence
 Blair Mountain Bed & Breakfast – 231 W Ridge Road, Dillsburg, Pa 17019
o Contact - 717-571-9342 or 717-432-9322
o Email: BlairMtn@comcast.net
o 5 minutes from Portmann residence
 Carlisle House Bed & Breakfast – 148 S Hanover Street, Carlisle, Pa 17013
o Contact – 717-249-0350
o Email: Information@TheCarlisleHouse.com
o 30 minutes from Portmann residence
 Orris House Inn Bed & Breakfast
o Contact – 717-798-2157
o Email: http://orrishouseinn.com/
o 15 minutes from Portmann residence
 Hampton Inn Harrisburg West – 4950 Ritter Road, Mechanicsburg, Pa 17055
o Contact – 717-691-1300
o Email:http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/pennsylvania/hampton-inn-harrisburg-west-HRBPAHX/index.html
o 20 minutes from Portmann residence
 Comfort Suites – 10 S Hanover Street, Carlisle, Pa 17013
o Contact – 717-960-1000
o Email: http://www.comfortsuitescarlisle.com/contact.html
o 30 minutes from Portmann residence

Good Food
Food will be provided throughout the weekend.
 Thursday – dinner
 Friday – breakfast, lunch, dinner & snack
 Saturday – breakfast, lunch, dinner & snack
 Sunday – breakfast
Menu:
 Thursday – dinner – pizza/stromboli, drinks
 Friday – breakfast – pastries, fruit, coffee/tea/juice
 Friday – lunch – subs, chips, drinks
 Friday – dinner – Mexican, drinks and maybe some Mexican drinks!
 Friday – snack – s'mores by the campfire
 Saturday – breakfast – breakfast casserole, fruit, coffee/tea/juice
 Saturday – lunch – subs, chips, drinks
 Saturday – dinner – pig roast, pasta/potato/macaroni salad, baked beans, corn on cobb, drinks
 Saturday – snack – s'mores and ice cream by the campfire
 Sunday – breakfast – tbd

Things to Do:
• Carlisle All Truck Nationals
• Gettysburg
• Hershey Park
• City Island – Senator’s baseball
• Shopping (Outlets at Gettysburg and Hershey)
• Williams Grove Speedway
• Haar’s Auction and Drive Inn

RSVP:
If you plan to attend this event or have any further questions, please send an email to ajportmann@yahoo.com and stephportmann@yahoo.com so we have a count as far as organizing the participants to assist Chris and for buying food.
If you see an area of the build you can or want to help with, please provide your area of interest and skill level.
Steph and I are looking forward to seeing the MEB family come together to assist a fellow member and seeing another Bronco project come to life.
AJ and Steph Portmann

Last edited:

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Congrats Chis! I'll be there with Lisa and the boys. Not sure if I'm camping yet or not. This is event is great place to learn something you never have done on your Bronco and help out a fellow member.

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
I'll do my best to get there! Had a great time last year but really didn't get everyone's names down. Could we get some nametags with our CB name and real name? It would really help with newer members or guys like me who are a little slow to begin with! Think I'll plan on camping this year, sounds like I missed some strange goings on last year after I took off for the hotel!?

OP
OP
chris

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Start hitting that thing with PB Blaster now!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
two words.....Fawn balling

Was there banjo music during that event?

Here's a picture of the name tag thing. I would have figured out who Tasker was hours earlier had he been sporting a name tag!!!

Attachments

• Tasksquatch.jpg
    Tasksquatch.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 13

luderchris

Bronco Guru
Loc.
SouthEast PA
Hey Everyone. It's my Bronco that was chosen for the Wrench and Roast this year. I am super excited and will be leaning on you guys for some suggestions on parts selection/technical help in the coming months to be sure I am prepared come August.

luderchris

Bronco Guru
Loc.
SouthEast PA
Start hitting that thing with PB Blaster now!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

There's really not much rust on the Bronco considering the tub is fiberglass and the entire underside has been covered with oil for the past 2 years+ from the leaky engine I am replacing!

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
There's really not much rust on the Bronco considering the tub is fiberglass and the entire underside has been covered with oil for the past 2 years+ from the leaky engine I am replacing!

Make sure it is steam cleaned! We don't like working on oily messes :)

Are you coming to the Round-Up without the Bronco this year?

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
Sounds like it's going to be a big event. The infamous Tasker will be there, and a slew of other familiar names. I'll make an appearance at least one of the days, I live less than an hour away.

Looks like an ambitious work list, should be a fun weekend!

68rockcrawler

Bronco Guru
Chris- I've been wondering if you got that engine swap done yet, but I guess this answers my question. It looks like you have a pretty sweet list of upgrades planned! I might just have to make the trek over this year to help out.

Drew

luderchris

Bronco Guru
Loc.
SouthEast PA
Chris- I've been wondering if you got that engine swap done yet, but I guess this answers my question. It looks like you have a pretty sweet list of upgrades planned! I might just have to make the trek over this year to help out.

Drew

Hey Drew. I hope you can make it! I'm really missing the trails and am excited to get the truck fixed up and to get back out there.

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Chris, congratulations on being chosen for the W&R. Since you've been to a couple of them you know how much can be accomplished when the crew gets to work on your rig. I've been to AJ's shop, and I know he has been hard at work getting it ready so it will be a great weekend for everyone. See you at the Roundup.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Congrats Chris!!

MEB has many good events throughout the year, but this is the one that really gives back to a deserving member. Really wish I could be there to help this year. Sounds like an awesome project(s) you have planned out. Congrats again! ;D