• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

77 stock/street resto

OP
OP
Brawnko

Brawnko

Loc.
Mechanicsville
Hey thanks for that link Fordfan! Yep, it is light Jade. I don't even see Medium Jade putting in 77 ford truck. The pix make it look darker with the low light/shade. I thought I liked the darker green it had been painted by a PO better but now it is done I really like the light Jade. And I don't remember even seeing a bronco this color. Very Happy with it ;D

willtel

What are those black rails under your hardtop bolts?

cwvDm9asA3Lw9atmAbl5etGTDg

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Brawnko,
On the PPG charts that are listed in the auto color library, #2840 is light jade and just to the right of that chip is # 2928 jade poly. My cousin ordered a new '77 in 77 that was a jade poly ranger that he kept until a few years ago and it is still local. Never any rust anywhere and only one repaint by the new owner. Nice color that you don't see much....only stock on '77's & '78's. I have a jade tailgate and a cage on a trail truck and a "light jade" (#2840) '77 that is missing the running gear but it has never been painted. Check photos.;)

Attachments

• 100_2865.jpg
    100_2865.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 100_1377.jpg
    100_1377.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 100_2852.jpg
    100_2852.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
Brawnko

Brawnko

Loc.
Mechanicsville
Yes I looked at the chart. I would say your light jade is faded after 34 years. I need to take more pix under better light to show that it is not as dark as the Jade poly. Here is a pic of the original color of dash before the resto and one after. The one after gives you an idea of the light difference.
On the before pic you can see the inside of door and rest of the bronco was painted a darker green by the PO.

Attachments

• 77interior.jpg
    77interior.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCN1677.JPG
    DSCN1677.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
Brawnko

Brawnko

Loc.
Mechanicsville
OK Fordfan, I just confirmed with Bernie and you are correct. Glad Bernie got it right as it is the original color! Jade Poly PPG Omni brand paint #2928 :-[

No wonder I like it better than the light Jade I thought is was going to be %)