• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

78 bronco/chevy d60 and 14bolt help

jonesy71eb

I know I maybe a black sheep for doing this but I got a great deal on a chevy dana 60 front and a 14 bolt rear to put in a 78 bronco crawler project. Price was definitely the factor! Going with a 203/205 doubler and thought about using a chevy 205. Anyone atempted this or am I the only idiot on this site. Bill Mc if your there also have a 460 to drop in.:p

gpete

chevy combo

There is a 78-79 bronco that has a chevy dana 60 and a dodge 70 in the rear also using a chevy and ford doubler transfer cases featured in the sept/oct bronco driver magazine it works very well there are also many broncos using gm rear axles as another option to the ford dana 60 or 70

78Scronco

Bronco Guru
I run 14Bolt rear in my 78. Use the chevy 205 and it will be easier on you for the front.

partsflyin

Swing over to Fullsizebronco.com and do a search for HD78Bronco he's runnin that setup and it works quite well.

partsflyin

Here is the one.
img_1485.jpg

welndmn

Bronco Guru
Honestly, with all the work, and being stuck with what aging motor you have, I'd swap in a 454, and run all GM.