• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

9" third member - tough nut to crack!

Brewmover

Loc.
Tulsa
Just pulled my third member today and had a similar problem. A stout putty knife and a three pound hammer did the trick. Once I had a gap I put small pry bars on either side and popped it up with even pressure.

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
I put the floor jack under the pinion support and jacked / dropped / jacked it a few times on the stands. Shooked it loose.

suthernboy

Loc.
Greenville, NC
I wouldn't use that sealer again! Unless you want to hold those re-entry heat shield tiles on the space shuttle.....

I know others have chimed in about RTV and other things....but I've always used a paper gasket, typically Fel-Pro, with a light film of Permatex Type 2 non-hardening sealant on both sides. Never had a leak, never had removal issues, never had a hard time cleaning the surfaces.