• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NY Another Stroppe on EBay

Bradsp8

Weird that they would paint the truck and not do the doors while at it. Sweet rig but how in the world would you ever get the doors to match when painting them at a later date? I know some painters can match paint pretty darn well but when it's as large as a quarter, fender, door or hood and next to another panel painted earlier by someone different, it never matches exactly. Matching doors would add several thousand to the sales price in my opinion.

Joe473

I saw this for sale last year. Was concerned what lies under the inserts?? Also if someone did rockers kick panels and posts did they get the door opening alignment right or is that why it has inserts? Never went to see it as I found my truck a better deal as a solid driver at the time and made the purchase.

68Rcodeman

Contributor
Don't let the fact that is in NY scare you. It is a Arizona then California truck. The reason it got painted Green was because the elderly gentleman that owned it in California painted it that way so no one would no it was a Stroppe and steal it in his mind. With today's technology there are Dupont cameras that will take picture and make a paint batch that matches. The original doors came with the truck. It spent one and a half years in NY and he parked it in his garage putting maybe 30 miles on it since purchasing it early last year. I live in FL and it will be a perfect fit in the sun and fun down here.
David

andyp

Contributor
Don't let the fact that is in NY scare you. It is a Arizona then California truck. The reason it got painted Green was because the elderly gentleman that owned it in California painted it that way so no one would no it was a Stroppe and steal it in his mind. With today's technology there are Dupont cameras that will take picture and make a paint batch that matches. The original doors came with the truck. It spent one and a half years in NY and he parked it in his garage putting maybe 30 miles on it since purchasing it early last year. I live in FL and it will be a perfect fit in the sun and fun down here.
David
Enjoy that Baja!

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
David

Just out of curiosity, where was it originally sold in AZ?

Todd Z.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Cool - that would make sense. They sold a fair number of them for such a small dealership in a small town due to Stroppe connections.

Todd Z.