• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone going to the Michigan Bronco/Ford truck swap meet?

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have never been but since I moved up here to the Wisconsin side of Lake Michigan I figured it would be a good reason to take the ferry across the lake. To keep the wife happy, we are going to take in a day at the Holland, Mi tulip festival on the way back. Happy wife, happy life and maybe she will let me bring home something to spruce up the Bronco.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
sounds like a good time, isn't that ferry like 200 bucks? Think I looked at it a while back...

brown212

Loc.
West Michigan
I'll be at the swap meet. Hoping to find a old school dana 44 truss.
The food trucks are the best part of tulip time for me, other wise I avoid downtown at all cost that week.

OP
OP
lilthom

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes, the ferry is pricey but it's on our bucket list to do ONCE and only one way. Thanks for the tip on the tulip time. If you see an old bald headed man with a bit of a pot belly, that's me.

Attachments

• the Burnie shirt lives.png
    the Burnie shirt lives.png
    842.9 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
lilthom

lilthom

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This shirt has a lot of history. My crawler was named Burnie because the donor Bronco suffered a cab fire. I have worn this to the OCBR raffle night for about 8 years I'm guessing. It brings me luck (most of the time). This is Mike Cloud's wife, Amy, driving up Bailie's Boulder. It gave her such a rush she had to have a cigarette at the top.

Attachments

• Amy again.jpg
    Amy again.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 26

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I remember Burnie! Nice rig, the safari top and roll cage gave it a very unique look. I hope to make the swap meet - got a grand-daughters bridal shower at our home later that day, so, maybe yeah, maybe no. I hope you have a gret time in beautiul west Michigan.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I have never been but since I moved up here to the Wisconsin side of Lake Michigan I figured it would be a good reason to take the ferry across the lake. To keep the wife happy, we are going to take in a day at the Holland, Mi tulip festival on the way back. Happy wife, happy life and maybe she will let me bring home something to spruce up the Bronco.
[/URL]

Give ole Mudd a shout, I've went once w/him up there And he's been more than that...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I remember Burnie! Nice rig, the safari top and roll cage gave it a very unique look. I hope to make the swap meet - got a grand-daughters bridal shower at our home later that day, so, maybe yeah, maybe no. I hope you have a gret time in beautiul west Michigan.

Oh yes sir, one unique and nice Rig

brewchief

I go most years, I feel that about 4 hours is plenty of time to see everything.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk