• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone have some input to this problem

OP
OP
C

CHIPLOAD

Loc.
Huron, SD
Yes im a machinist. Just starting my own shop. Just purchased a 3 axis bridgeport with a centurion control and have 2 manual lathes. Had my dad stop by tonight in case I needed a tow to the farm thats where all the tools are. Bronco started right up again so I hauled a** to make it 8 miles b4 it warmed up. To my suprise It ran like a top all the way out there got up to 210* and ran with no choke. I even had time to spin some donuts in the snow and need a tow out of the pasture:) There some deep stuff drifted in there. Motor has some leaks so Im going to pull it this weekend. 40,000 org miles and last ran in 1982 b4 I got it last year. Probably get rid of the points and get different intake and carb. Check everything out and go from there. Thanks for the input.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
My 1 st thought was the coil also but if I were you. I'd take him up on that good carb. I never figured out why my Bronco didn't want to run @ times.
So I'd like to see your answer when done.

NM_outdoors

30 yrs since it ran? Wow! Whose barn was that stored in?!? Good find. Starting to sound more and more like fuel/carb related.

Good luck on the new shop and may your feeds and speeds always give you the ideal CHIPLOAD! How was the pheasant hunting in SD this year?

OP
OP
C

CHIPLOAD

Loc.
Huron, SD
Phesant numbers are down. They have been tearing up hundreds of thousands of acres of sod to plant that 8$ corn. If there is habitat there are phesants but its spotty.