• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone know of any good Painters/Paint Shops in South Carolina?

z70what

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Johnson City
I'm getting ready to move back to SC (Greenville/Clemson/Seneca area) and the next step on the bronco is to get it painted. Anyone know of a good painter or paint shop in SC? Looking to paint it either Highland Green (68 and 2001/2008 BULLIT Mustang colors) or Dark Toreador Red (1997 F150 and 2008 Superduty Colors).

Let me know, thanks.

Luke

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
if not, i may prep it myself and take it to MAACO in Greenville, SC.

One of our bronco builders/fab guys has a place in Laurens-Modman on here. They specialize in Mod Motor conversions in ebs and hot rods- They have a couple of excellent shops that paint for them. His name is Van Tumblin and their shop is Tumblin Automotive:
864 983 2979
I am sure he can give you the info for the guys he uses on his builds.
Tell him Karl told you to call.

GYShah

Loc.
Columbia, SC
i am also interested
not aware of any places in the columbia area though im sure Crawdad will chime in if he has any leads

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Well I can tell you who not to send your EB to! Still pissed about my hardtop! I have not heard of any good ones in Columbia area. Stay away from Ballentine and Winnsboro, not happy with painters there. I too would like to find a good painter in the local area. I have a new tub needing attn, sure would like to come home in late summer to a freshly painted tub and fenders! J-man is killing me with his build!

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Oh wait! I just remembered in Bronco Driver Magazine issue #50 or #51 had an article with "Screamin Deamon". It was painted yellow by a fella in Witmire, SC. I have all my BD mags but those two on me (shhh, at work). I seem to remember it being a $3000 job! The paint was the expensive part if I remember. Get a hold of those mags and read it. I would atleast talk with the guy and see what he has to say. I know I can't afford $3000, but might could a $1000 job.

Tonka7777

Loc.
Greenville
Check out Cannon Collision in Fountain Inn. I have not used them myself, but saw some of their work and it looked really nice. The owner is Jeff Cannon -864-862-5123.

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Oh wait! I just remembered in Bronco Driver Magazine issue #50 or #51 had an article with "Screamin Deamon". It was painted yellow by a fella in Witmire, SC. I have all my BD mags but those two on me (shhh, at work). I seem to remember it being a $3000 job! The paint was the expensive part if I remember. Get a hold of those mags and read it. I would atleast talk with the guy and see what he has to say. I know I can't afford $3000, but might could a $1000 job.

Screamin Deamon had a Modman conversion see my reply to the op :) The "guy" is Donna Broberg of BroncoDriver owners and publishers

OP
OP
z70what

z70what

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Johnson City
crawdad,

I don't have those issues of Bronco Driver.. but if someone on here does and can give me the name and number of the shop it'd be greatly appreciated. I'll also talk to your guy Kb6677. I was looking at somewhere around the $3K range for painting my rig. Thanks.

Luke

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Luke, here is the information on who painted Screamin Deamon: Custom Cars: 864-833-3879 (issue 51). Here is the link to Bronco Driver's site for Screamin Deamon: http://www.broncodriver.com/projects.html . If you can find a Bronco Driver Mag issue # 51 you can see the pics. Maybe someone can take a picture and post it up for you. If I get a chance I'll do it tonight if I can locate it.