• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone know this Bronco and color?

Numberfool

Searched the master color threads, computer screens play with shades.

Anyone know the color of this rig?

Great looking color and job on it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354845182.874816.jpg

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Color code "U" 2412 Limestone Green Poly. Love the color.

Blue71

stock74

Thanks for the compliments. Blue71 has the correct color code/name.

Searched the master color threads, computer screens play with shades.

Anyone know the color of this rig?

Great looking color and job on it.

View attachment 281556

Are you going to be painting your bronco? If so nice color choice. I have not seen very many Broncos in that color.

OP
OP
N

Numberfool

Your color is my leading contender. Have maybe one more day I can delay my body guy on it. My bronco is cut, wanting to make sure the white offset I do will work right. But right now, I'm at 90% this is the color. That shot of your rig with the hood up wins when I show people in my family different rides/colors.

I'm in a complete meltdown over single stage vs basecoat/clear. Resto guys are telling me single stage to get the right period look.

My paint shop will shoot either, they are encouraging me to do a multi-layered and sanded single stage. Ie, two coats, then sand/cut it perfectly flat, then shoot it again. They showed me a 65' mustang they did the same way, looks fantastic. But, I have grown up under two stage is how it's done.

stock74

I understand your dilemma between single stage and 2 stage. My Dad is still on the fence about what color and paint type to use on his Bronco.

Also, I am not trying to make your color decision more difficult and apologize if I am. However, you mentioned that you like the color of my Bronco in the photo you posted. Have you seen any photos of that color in direct sunlight? I ask because it takes on a different look than what you see in the photo with the hood up.

In the link bigpitbull posted if you go to post #592 there are a couple more pictures of mine though it was pretty dusty at the time of the photo. I may have a few more photos if you are interest I can post them.

OP
OP
N

Numberfool

There are a few shots in your gallery that seem to show some decent direct sunlight pictures. For sure seems to go lighter in the sun. The luber link pics were indeed dusty after some fun. If you have a few other pics, that would be terrific.

You can leave out the EFI pics of your rig that make my recent engine rebuild seem wholey inadequate.

CLK Foxhall

Color code "U" 2412 Limestone Green Poly. Love the color.

Blue71

Hey Blue71

Same Topic - Different color & Bronco.

Was searching for Broncos in the color Sage Green.

Came across this thread(http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1321585&highlight=sage#post1321585) where you posted pics of a Bronco described as being factory Sage Green.

attachment-12.jpg

Can you tell me if this color (described as Sage Green) was an original stock color,... & if so,... what was the paint code,... & do you know what years it was available?

I really love the color,... & if it's an original stock color - Would liked to find a stocker with that original paint.

Cheers!
~CLK
ps - Love your collection!

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the complement. That one is actually Boxwood Green, We just finished up one that color earlier this year. Not sure how I came up with Sage green in the earlier post. I need to correct that. Anyway...it is Boxwood Green color code 43716 code "P" in '68-'70 and "K" in '70-'74 . I love that color too. This color looks awesome with the stock Wimbledon White accents. I have never seen a 69,70, and '71 Boxwood Green Broncos, so Im not 100 percent sure that they had any in 72-74. I was going only by PPG sheets so dont hold me to it.

Blue71

Attachments

• IMAG0987.jpg
    IMAG0987.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:

bad 68

Loc.
Northest Washington
If Your going for a stock look I think single stage is the only way to go. Clear coat on a stock color and a bone stock rig is obvious from a block away.

CLK Foxhall

Thanks for the complement. That one is actually Boxwood Green, We just finished up one that color earlier this year. Not sure how I came up with Sage green in the earlier post. I need to correct that. Anyway...it is Boxwood Green color code 43716 code "P" in '68-'70 and "K" in '70-'74 . I love that color too. This color looks awesome with the stock Wimbledon White accents.

Blue71

Thanks Blue71 - Appreciate the info!

I was interested in both Boxwood Green & 'Sage Green',... Because they appeared similar, & now I know why.

From my research - I found Boxwood Green was available between '69-'71 (http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213689). Glad to hear it was offered in 1973-74 - I would want a V8 auto.

Now the hard part - Finding one uncut,... with original paint,... w/ little to no rust,... & as stock as possible.

Cheers!
~CLK

Last edited:

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yea I brain farted when I put Sage Green...sorry for the confusion. Need to get Jon(administratior) to delete that bit of misinformation:) I was going by some PPG color charts for 72-74. I have looked at others that say 69-71 were the only years of the Boxwood green which seems to be moe correct. I have only personnally seen a 69'70' and '71. I looked at a nice '71 Boxwood Green uncut the other day in an old man's garage. I've been on him about selling it, but I doubt he ever will. It has one repaint, but looks really nice. Will keep ya posted. Its a stock 3speed, non P/S truck of course.

Blue71

Thanks Blue71 - Appreciate the info!

I was interested in both Boxwood Green & 'Sage Green',... Because they appeared similar, & now I know why.

From my research - I found Boxwood Green was available between '69-'71 (http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213689). Glad to hear it was offered in 1973-74 - I would want a V8 auto.

Now the hard part - Finding one uncut,... with original paint,... w/ little to no rust,... & as stock as possible.

Cheers!
~CLK