• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone painted interior metal different color than exterior?

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I like the looks of modern vehicles with a gray or black interior regardless of exterior color. Any of yall done the hard top, dash, door interior metal gray or black with a white, blue, red, green exterior?

Vincen

Looking forward to replies. I am planning to do just that with a Vista Orange body.

PickleJar

I’ll try and send a picture later, but my 1967 Firebird is that turquoise metallic color. Anyway when it got its repaint in the 1980s they went with a lighter shade. The effect is a pretty cool contrast. The interior is the original dark turquoise while the exterior is lighter.

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
The Overhaulin yellow broncos had an all parchment interior. they even painted the window frames white to match the top. Painted the interior panel to match the seats and stuff.

Attachments

• bronco.jpg
    bronco.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 135
  • bronco1.jpg
    bronco1.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 130

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
I think it has to be done carefully and everything really flow together. I am generally not a fan, looks like a quickie re-spray of the outside when the under the hood, inner fenders, and interior don't match.

needsmoarturbo

When I got my bronco, the interior was a charcoal gray color and the exterior was a dark teal metallic. It looked pretty good as far as color goes, just the condition of the paint was not great. Now that I think about it I would consider going back to that kind of scheme.

OP
OP
rjrobin2002

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I hate white interiors, so that Overhaulin bronco is hard for me to judge. I dont like the upper door window frame being white.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not the color combination rj is looking for, but maybe one for Vincen.....

PO did the paint scheme, just the dash, inside of windshield frame and headliner are satin black.

Attachments

• 44B3FE97-E8C4-44F3-A672-22F4E21084B4.jpg
    44B3FE97-E8C4-44F3-A672-22F4E21084B4.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 73
  • DE2A0AC9-8EBE-4367-832D-4EE2D177BFF5.jpg
    DE2A0AC9-8EBE-4367-832D-4EE2D177BFF5.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
OP
OP
rjrobin2002

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
View attachment 468693 Not the color combination rj is looking for, but maybe one for Vincen.....

PO did the paint scheme, just the dash, inside of windshield frame and headliner are satin black.

That's what I was looking for. I think it looks good, maybe do dash, roof interior, and interior tub wheel well area black, but do doors body color.

wizard12

Black interior metal

I did the silver exterior with black interior (floor, doors, roll bar, seats) and silver dash. I tried to model it after my 2014 F-150. Thought black dash would be too much though, so did it in silver. Not sure if that helps, but here is what it looks like

45508210482_de7816996b_z.jpg

44833379894_1f632b8b6e_z.jpg

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
...OK Let me give you my thought ... I sold DuPoint Paint at my Parts store from 1967 until 1995. This is a question myself & a few of my better hands talked about at times.
... Now not exactly interior color like you ask but all kinds of colors.
Now I sold a lot of paint in my day. The company I was a part of ...We sold 1/5 of the DuPoint paint in Texas & I was the biggest dealer.
...... SO Where I'm going with this is .. My Hand sat together & We discussed .. YOU KNOW A 1967 CHEVY 1/2 TON short bed .. It looks like CRAP if painted Road Runner Plum CRAZY PURPLE.. WHILE THE very same TRUCK was beautiful if Painted a later model Chevy 45107A ALUMOND or Netural.
... There was a Rambler Bright Red that was a great color for HotRods.
.... SO SAME Goes for Interiors .. I'd say spray on some test panels & See if they go together . Then place them in the shade & Check them out for a few days . Put them out in the sun. Even wet them under a water sprinkler & Under head lights at night.
I also like the DARKER Grays.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Different story But I'm about to go buy some TSC CHEAP TRACTOR Gray paint .. It's too light colored .. So I'm going to get a qt of their Black & Mix it with the gray & Make it darker. Then mix it back & fourth in 2 gallon buckets . Then I'm going to paint my new old 88 hay truck cab. It has a blue gray inside. & I've decided these 2 colors can go together for the CHEAP. & Because of some rust out on the very top of the cab. I'm going to patch it & Spray it with Bed Liner Black. & Then spray the Wrecker Bed on the rear with the Black Bed Liner also.
I believe the Dark Gray can pull it all together. & It'll look OK rolling down the road.
... SO YES I think some colors can be changed .. But do some spray test.

.......... You may even may need to buy a couple of cans of $5.00 spray paint that close & test with them.
... I cheated I had 2 touch up guns & METAL TEST PANELS .& I LOVE TO SPRAY THE TEST PANELS . & I always had the additives on had.