• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone running Tom's new Ultimate 9" brake booster and 1.25" master cylinder combo? This looks like the strongest set up for vacuum assist.

OP
OP

79INA69

Just wanted to add some more about Toms setup. Now that I’ve had some more time and miles on the setup, I am really happy with the braking action. I can stop with ease. Plenty of power to lock up 33’s, but real easy to modulate.

I re-bled them and the little bit of slop/free play that I had before has reduced as well, pedal feels very tight and firm.

I’m very happy with it.

Rich
So you are running the complete set up with the 1.25" bore master? Can you get me a vacuum reading from your engine for reference?

OP
OP

79INA69

Just wanted to add some more about Toms setup. Now that I’ve had some more time and miles on the setup, I am really happy with the braking action. I can stop with ease. Plenty of power to lock up 33’s, but real easy to modulate.

I re-bled them and the little bit of slop/free play that I had before has reduced as well, pedal feels very tight and firm.

I’m very happy with it.

Rich
Sorry, are you running the larger style Caddy calipers or the smaller size used on 9" axle conversions?

richg

Yes, I’m running the complete setup from Toms (mc and booster). I don’t think I have a working vac gauge currently, so don’t think I can get the measurement.

The rear calipers have 2.37 OD pistons, no provisions for parking brake. It is an older rear disc conversion that I think no one really does anymore.