• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone See this!?

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
I ordered a bunch of body panels from Dennis Carpenter and they put it all on a pallet and shipped to me for their flat rate shipping deal of $14.99

As is right and proper.
This was more what I was alluding to.
I rarely spend that much on palletized shipping. Perhaps it’s a handling charge gouging by pakmail for their pallet.

mattt

Bronco Guru
As is right and proper.
This was more what I was alluding to.
I rarely spend that much on palletized shipping. Perhaps it’s a handling charge gouging by pakmail for their pallet.

That is unreasonable shipping expectations. $14.99 for a pallet just means that DC subsidized the freight cost and you paid for the shipping elsewhere in the sale, but just don't realize it. Given the fact that most shipping companies are Union jobs, those people get paid extra well, and don't move extra fast, and very regularly damage freight but don't care because they are untouchables being a Union shop. I deal with damaged, late, over-priced screwed up freight coming into my non Union construction shop every week. If you think a Union stooge freight company is touching any shipment for less than $200-$250, your head is on a swivel and out of sync.

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I won some headlight bezels, door mirrors, and tailgate handles so hopefully shipping shouldn’t be to outrageous! I got off the phone and they’re considering using another shipper possibly!

Last edited:

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
That is unreasonable shipping expectations. $14.99 for a pallet just means that DC subsidized the freight cost and you paid for the shipping elsewhere in the sale, but just don't realize it. Given the fact that most shipping companies are Union jobs, those people get paid extra well, and don't move extra fast, and very regularly damage freight but don't care because they are untouchables being a Union shop. I deal with damaged, late, over-priced screwed up freight coming into my non Union construction shop every week. If you think a Union stooge freight company is touching any shipment for less than $200-$250, your head is on a swivel and out of sync.

15 is closer to 250 then 250 is to +700.
Absolutely on the bottom end. He’s probably getting f a custom made cage/wood sides to keep things from getting hit and the cost of time and materials drove the cost up quick.
If I can wire band it and shrink wrap boxes; that better not be a 700 estimate.

mattt

Bronco Guru
15 is closer to 250 then 250 is to +700.
Absolutely on the bottom end. He’s probably getting f a custom made cage/wood sides to keep things from getting hit and the cost of time and materials drove the cost up quick.
If I can wire band it and shrink wrap boxes; that better not be a 700 estimate.

For seats, I can absolutely see that a Union stooge freight company would want $700 for freight. There is something called dimensional weight that has become popular as a revenue stream over the last few years. If the shipment doesn't weigh enough to jack up the shipping cost, then they use the "dimensional weight" to jack up the shipping cost. You pay for weight or pay for volume....but in either case you are paying a lot for shipping freight and all those cushy retired Union stooges still getting 90% of their last pay.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
There were quite a few trucks and trailers there today but I didn't stay for the live auction. Heard the 77' sold today for $5200, I should have walked over and looked at it but knew I wasn't buying. Picked up the things I bought earlier in the week and a few things for another guy in KS and was back on the road. Left OK at 2am this morning and got back at 5pm. Anything for broncos right lol :)

20180929_173656_zpst7slekyl.jpg

20180929_173705_zpscyjc8hvp.jpg

20180929_173719_zps8zffaoje.jpg

20180929_173730_zpsozrkb9ng.jpg

20180929_174327_zpsp6aqzhzj.jpg

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks like a nice score there - they should clean up just fine!