• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Are old stock seats worth anything?

Dawg_enD

Hi guys.

I'm swapping my seats out. Are the old seats / slider hardware worth anything, or do I just landfill them?

Thanks,

-Mike

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Dont toss em!!!. Theres plenty of guys that want those for restorations. I gave mine away but now people pay good money for em.

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Post them up on the for sale section. I am sure someone will be interested.

OP
OP
D

Dawg_enD

Ok, thanks guys. I will get off my keister and get them up there in the next few days. That or keep tripping over them forever...

Master Chief

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you pack them to ship to someone here is how I did it. I left the brackets attached but separated the backs from the bottoms. Both front seats then fit in four pieces in one large electronics box that U-Haul sells. I bagged the hardware and footman loop in a ziploc and put the bag in the springs of a seat bottom. I seem to recall the box weighed 92 pounds so figuring a shipping price should be easy.

https://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/Boxes/Electronics-Boxes/Large-Electronics-Box/?id=3461

SHX669

Bronco Guru
I've given away a couple sets of front seats so someone must want em . I also had several guys who were only interested in the brackets and slider and the fold down latch so yes it's definitely worth passing them on to someone who wants/needs em.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I gave both my front and rear seats away.
If you've ever seen the frames you would question their safety too.
I would only use them for a bone stock restoration.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I sold a set of front and rear seats a few years ago for $250, guy came and picked them up...no drama deal. Now I've seen just the rear bench seats go for that. I personally find them not very comfortable or supportive, so I had no use for them.

mafconc

Seats

For that price you would think that they would replace the 50 year old burlap and seat foam, as well as sandblasting and painting the frames and redoing the hardware.

maxwedge5281

Contributor
Loc.
concord, nc
if those were 66 seats in the correct color they might be worth ????...1400 seems really expensive! the biggest problem I found when trying to make up a set of 66 seats was with the springs...usually foams are shot as well as the covers....kinda expect that! but when left to the weather the springs are usually shot due to rust. so, you just end up with a frame and hope that it is not rusted out as well! buyer beware….

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Well that was fast. They are already sold.

haha, didn't even get to bottom of your question/thread and gone..

A little extra $$ in your pocket :)

I've probably sold just as many parts in Chat as I have in Classifieds; just mention I have a spare this or that, could be a completely unrelated thread, doesn't matter, I'll have a PM or text same day :)