• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Article on Bronco values

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Damn 153% increase for the Land Cruiser!! That's better than any returns on Wall Street lol. The Bronco's have gone up a lot since 2009 which is when I bought mine and I'm glad I did, but too bad I didn't buy another one cause the one I have is to keep for as long as I can.

ILikeBond

Bought mine March 2009 also. Arizona rust-free solid rig (I6) for $6,500. It may be up in value, but when it's done after the resto, I'll still have way more into it than its worth, I 'spect. Doesn't matter, not selling. ;D

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think it's a bubble like many before, this one will end eventually.

suthernboy

Loc.
Greenville, NC
I think it's a bubble like many before, this one will end eventually.

They're "hot" & trendy now, I think, as you suggest, they will cool off at some point. They may stop increasing at such a rate, but I don't think "nice" examples will drop much.

Lucky me, I've got 2 on the list. Bought my Bronc in 2010 and my 944T in 2001.

nail_it_95

My dad would always says it goes with age. Look at the stock Ford model a's they were popular and bringing good money when. The age group that would have been a young when they were new and remember them on the streets. Look at 70's and 80's cars fox body's, g bodies and so on the market is coming up. What cars does everyone remember the most? It seems mine would be what was around between the age of 11 to 20.

N747JB

Very true, I would guess the age of the Bronco buyers is 40-55, it was cool when we were kids and it's cool again.;D I don't think my 20 year old kids will ever think they are cool. %)
Old Trans Ams are hot right now as well, all stuff from the late 70's early 80's, when all the cool kids grew up. ;D

My dad would always says it goes with age. Look at the stock Ford model a's they were popular and bringing good money when. The age group that would have been a young when they were new and remember them on the streets. Look at 70's and 80's cars fox body's, g bodies and so on the market is coming up. What cars does everyone remember the most? It seems mine would be what was around between the age of 11 to 20.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
I think that a lot of cars from the 70's are pretty cool but once the 80's came around and into the 90's there is some pretty unremarkable sheetmetal cruising the roads. I am sure there are a few but not many!

Ksm

Bronco Guru
I think the uncut and mostly original Broncos will sustain the high prices just because they're going to get harder and harder to find.

OP
OP
michahoov

michahoov

I think that a lot of cars from the 70's are pretty cool but once the 80's came around and into the 90's there is some pretty unremarkable sheetmetal cruising the roads. I am sure there are a few but not many!

Will someone in the future even be able to restore a 90's or up car 40+ years after production? Modern cars have so many parts that it may be overwhelming to do. We all know how expensive and time consuming it is to repair/maintain/restore our Broncos, and compared to more modern cars and trucks they are very simple, basic vehicles. Makes you wonder what the world of collector cars/trucks will look like in 20-30 years. Might be that 70's-80's cars may be the last generation of cars that are extensively restored/collected.

broncoman1972

Bronco Guru
Will someone in the future even be able to restore a 90's or up car 40+ years after production? Modern cars have so many parts that it may be overwhelming to do. We all know how expensive and time consuming it is to repair/maintain/restore our Broncos, and compared to more modern cars and trucks they are very simple, basic vehicles. Makes you wonder what the world of collector cars/trucks will look like in 20-30 years. Might be that 70's-80's cars may be the last generation of cars that are extensively restored/collected.

I saw something to this effect come across my Facebook feed. The question was basically if in 50 years will anyone be able to restore a 2015 F150 or any other newer vehicle. It went on to talk about not only will any parts be available (computers, screens, sensors) for all of the electronics, but if you can get one will there be a way to communicate with the old/outdated networks that support the modules so they can be programmed to work together. Keep in mind a new Lincoln MKC, Lincolns small SUV, has 31 computers in it that work together for all of the body and powertrain functions.... In the newer vehicles even the fuse panel has a built-in module that can disable circuits if needed.

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
It's hard to know regarding modern cars. I'm sure in the 70's most didn't expect their rusty old Bronco would become a classic. There are several cars I wish I had bought and pushed into a barn for now. I look at modern cars and feel they all look the same and how can any of them become classics. But you just never know how things will trend and what people in the future will be drawn to. I do wonder sometimes if the FJ40's (I have a 1977) or the early Bronco's will be like cabbage patch dolls in the future. But I'm not using my trucks as investments really, so it doesn't matter to me. I just want to use and enjoy mine. The downside I see for the value increase is the increased cost for parts and to purchase one for play.

HB73

I'm thinking on picking up a 88 Mercedes 560SL. Cool little convertible with a V8. Stick it in the garage next to the Bronco. My pops is selling his for 4K and it's mighty tempting.

Jc.av8r

I still suspect that values on our EB's will only continue to rise. Uncut originals will always fetch a bit more, but in reality any top quality restoration job will be worth a lot. If you bought it five years ago, great.

If you have one right now, keep it!

DonaldDouchebag

Bronco Guru
Hagerty insurance lists EB's as one of the vehicles you should have bought 5 years ago. Lucky for me that's when when I got mine. Nice to see the values rise, but glad I'm not looking for one now.

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vi...t=&utm_campaign=Hagerty Weekly News 6-24-2015

The car dealer neighbor I have has sold a bunch of EVBs at auction. He has a '67 halfcab with what he says is factory air (does that really make it worth way more?) and figures he can get at least 75K for it at auction. :eek:

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
If you watch Barrett or Mecum with any regularity...you would see that Broncos sell for just as much as FJ-40's.

tatersalad

Bronco Guru
The car dealer neighbor I have has sold a bunch of EVBs at auction. He has a '67 halfcab with what he says is factory air (does that really make it worth way more?) and figures he can get at least 75K for it at auction. :eek:

I have seen a lot of ads listing factory air, but I believe none were offered with AC from the factory. Only dealer installed.