• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Beat up steel half cab top body work costs--pics added

SP66

Bronco Guru
So I have this mess of an original half cab paid 995 for it. I know too much but I wanted it. Got a quote of 1500 to fix it up and paint it. I also have someone that wants it for 1000. My question is 1500 too much to pay? Am I better off buying a new glass top and will the body work and paint be considerably less cost? Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SP66

Bronco Guru
pics added

Post some pics so we will know how bad it is.

My OP sounds like an algebra problem and I failed algebra 1 in HS twice. Knew I should have taken it with a different teacher the second time. And I still graduated HS and college and am somewhat productive. FU Mrs. Mancuso.

Have this top paid 995 and could sell it right now for 1000, I have a buyer.
Does 1500 sound fair for a resto and paint on it? Or should I sell it?
Would I be better off buying a new glass top and would I save significant money on the new glass having it primed and painted only? Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SP66

Bronco Guru
Anyone notice the price of Tom's bronco Parts glass half top is hundreds less than the other vendor's @ $799? Are they all the same?

AaronWelch

Loc.
Atascocita, TX.
Well your question is really up to you. If you want to keep as close to stock as possible then you only have the choice of fixing the top or finding one in better condition. If you don't mind the thought of having a glass top i hear they are quieter and nice and it seems you could even pocket a lil when all is said and done.

personally I would sell and buy the glass one but I am not building a stock bronco.

broncodriver99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Glen Allen, VA
I would go the glass route as well unless you want an original.

For some reason TBP has always been cheaper. Not sure who makes theirs. Have you looked at the Bronco Design top? There was a thread here a little while ago from a member that has gotten one since the new guys took over. It looked extremely well made and is on par with Tom's pricing. I plan on ordering one this winter.

doghows72

Bronco Guru
Sell the steel one!! I have a bronco designs top now and it is awesome. The difference between Toms and the Bronco designs is the bronco designs top is finished inside where Toms is not. So if you plan on a headliner or something like that save a couple bucks.
The Bronco designs is finished on the inside, has metal flat bar along the windshield and the B pillars to bolt it down with. I'll attach a picture but if you want more find my previous thread or ask and I'll post more.

Last edited:

Chethair

Loc.
Talbott, Tn
Half Cab

Have you considered one of the new metal half cab kits? I was looking at them on the bronco graveyard website. Might be something to consider.

OP
OP
S

SP66

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the feedback--steel top sold---bronco design top is nice and priced the best, Corey provided excellent customer service---looking forward to seeing doghows72 rear sliding window mod on it.

doghows72

Bronco Guru
Excellent choice you won't be disappointed. Mine got here and it was twice as nice as I expected!

Dam that Bronco is nice I never get tired of seeing it!!