• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

bending tube

68rockcrawler

Bronco Guru
Any body out there want to bend up a few pieces of tube for me or know of a shop that I can get some bending done at? I just need a few bends done so I can add a pre-runner/light mount to my front bumper. I can email a drawing with dimensions and radiuses or could mail full size templates. I can't find anyone locally to do this.

Attachments

• tubing to bend.pdf
    4.8 KB · Views: 50

Dan74Bronc

Loc.
Chandler, Az
I can bend depending on the size of tube. Only a couple of dies. Where are you? Shipping may cost more than it's worth.

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I can bend depending on the size of tube. Only a couple of dies. Where are you? Shipping may cost more than it's worth.

Same thing here, but like Dan74 said shipping may surprise you. What size tube are you using?

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
if that's ALL you plan to do I would just go buy a cheapy harbor frieght one

OP
OP
68rockcrawler

68rockcrawler

Bronco Guru
I live in Erie, PA. I was planning on doing somewhere between 1.5" and 2" diameter tubing or equivalent size pipe for the center piece and around 1" diameter on 2 other "wing" pieces. UPS ground should only cost $20 or so plus packaging. You could just tape the pieces together or just slap the UPS sticker on the tube like WH did when they shipped me my leaf springs.

Amac70

ME
well if you get the inside made i could do the outside i have a 1"x3" clr die for mine.

Dan74Bronc

Loc.
Chandler, Az
I have a 1.5" pipe die but the radius is like 6 or 7". I could knock that out for you but again, shipping is a killer.
Back before I had a bender I got my shock hoops bent for 5 bucks per bend at some local welding shop. I supplied the tube, they just bent it. Try picking local places out of the phone book, welding shops, custom 4x4 shops, buggy shops etc and ask them if they can do it or if they know anyone who can.
If you strike out, PM me and I'll do it for ya but I won't be able to get to it til mid next week. I may even have some material laying around.
Let me know.
Dan

357Bronco

Loc.
New Hampsha
Theres got to be a least a race car shop in your area that could help out, you guys have circle tracks down there don't you? Or any drag strip has some fabricators advertising they're business. I think shipping would be a pain, it's nice to be local when it comes to custom stuff.