• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best Soft top

Mikesimp70

I assume TBP you mean Tom's. Their soft top is the Bestop soft top. It's good. I would decide between that and Rampage depending on reviews.

I will go with Rampage because I don't like how the Bestop is taller in the center.

Can someone confirm? I thought Tom's "Diamond White/black" denim was Rampage?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Park it outside every time it's raining or drop the top in the rain?

Or buy a different top?

I'd get a trail cover, keep it over it when outside... A little extra protection never helps

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I'd get a trail cover, keep it over it when outside... A little extra protection never helps

But to put a trail cover on you need to stand outside in the rain which around here often comes with high winds, which means you will probably need at least one helper willing to go out in that same bad weather...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
But to put a trail cover on you need to stand outside in the rain which around here often comes with high winds, which means you will probably need at least one helper willing to go out in that same bad weather...

Yeah, I feel the pain Always had to put mine on / off by the lonesome. Could see how it would be more of a PITA w/the high winds.

Nothing Special

If I'm not mistaken, my friend told me that the Bestop he had was a pain to attach at the windshield each time....

I don't think the Bestop is hard to attach to the windshield, but I could imagine someone else thinking it is. T remove it you need to have the top VERY loose (flop the rear bow up to the main bow to bring the back edge up to the middle of the Bronco), unsnap the snap on both ends and then slide it to one side. Attaching it is the same in reverse. Everything is pretty easy to do, but I could see it being easier.

.... Also, if you were not aware, it appears the Rampage and Bestop can only be ordered with tinted windows.

Does anyone offer clear windows? I ripped my Bestop on a tree and I'd like to replace it with another one, but there's no way I'll go to dark windows. If anyone else has clear I'd probably abandon Bestop (well, I can't abandon them because they already abandoned me).

Bronco4x4

I spoke to Rampage (actually a Lund gentleman) yesterday. I sent questions on the Rampage site and was responded to from Lund. Lund owns Rampage. CLEAR WINDOWS >> It appears the only way Rampage will make clear windows available is through a 100 unit order (that's 100 soft tops; its all economics with a large run in China). This can be via an EB vendor or mass buy. The gent stated that this was surveyed on ClassicBroncos in the past and Tinted windows won. Any way someone can run a ClassicBroncos survey now to see if we can have a 100 unit order for softop with clear windows (for me, I would like a white top w/clear windows; I'm sure we'll be split on top color). Another option he stated was for the EB vendors to order softops with both tinted and clear window sets at a higher price.

ZIPPERS >> This is on another thread but I asked the question. I don't recall 100% but I think he stated that they have improved the zippers. A Lund rep. initially responded that the Rampage tops have a 2 year warranty if anything should fail.

CLEAR WINDOW REPAIR >> A good glass shop or boat shop can change out the plastic windows on any soft top. I plan to go this route with a brand new top if only tinted windows are offered.