• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best Source for sheetmetal parts

muladesigns1

Loc.
Goodyear AZ
OK,So I have been doing the basic body work on my 71 Bronco and now comes to the part where I need to purchase both Driver and Pass floor boards, and was wondering with that being the most common replacement parts, there has to be a lot of vendors supplying these pieces. So I would like anyone who has purchased the replacement floor sheetmetal in there broncos, Or any other sheetmetal, who the vendor was? how much? and how was the quality?(i.e. did it have to be modified to fit? was it the same guage as OEM?)
This way we can guide everyone to the better vendors out there and stay clear of the bad.

alanis1269

Loc.
Allen Texas
I just bought both driver and passenger floor boards from Wild Horses. ordered on Thursday, arrived on Tuesday. Great customer service. Metal is thicker than stock and fit right in.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I have..
fenders, rear wheel wells, front aprons, and bed floor from Tom's,
complete front floor, extention panels, and fillers from JBG,
Fiberglass Highlander hood from Wild Horses

These have all had excellent fitment. The only bad fitting parts I have had was the 1 piece door inserts from Tom's, had to do a lot of work on them to make them fit but Tom's also hooked me up with a chunk of change in store credit for my trouble and the rear extension panel wasnt the best.

Last edited:
OP
OP
muladesigns1

muladesigns1

Loc.
Goodyear AZ
Was the hood good fitting as well? I know they seem to have a pretty lousy fit for the most part needing lots of work to get the gaps real nice.

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Keep an eye out on ebay. I have just recently acquired NEW door posts as well as NEW passenger and driver's side floor boards for much cheaper than getting them from the vendor.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Was the hood good fitting as well? I know they seem to have a pretty lousy fit for the most part needing lots of work to get the gaps real nice.

I was surprised by how well the hood fit, very little work needed for it to be perfect. 1 shim on the pass side and a little cleanup on the under edges and it was good. 1 or 2 imperfections in the gelcoat but that was easy to remedy before paint.

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
I am not a body man by any means, but I have had trouble with the sheet metal parts.The door striker post was good but the rocker was short of the inner rocker by about 1/2", the striker post brace was lacking the angle brace on the inside to stiffen it and the angle to weld it to the inner fender, the rear wheel housing extensions were about 3/8" short. This may be the norm in the industry, but I just thought they would fit better when you bought new parts. It was not something I could not fab up to work, it just took 3 times as long to install.