• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best way to sell Bronco

Lil Buck

Loc.
South Lake Tahoe
I am selling my Bronco but don’t want to sell it directly. Does anyone have a good experience with a classic car dealer or have a recommendation for me? The Bronco is in California. Other thoughts on best way to sell?

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Listing it here is a suggestion.

Seems like people like Bring a Trailer, prices seem higher there?, there is a 3-4 month wait to post you vehicle, and they can reject posting it all together.

You could add a couple of pictures to this thread and maybe you might get an interested party?

GLWTS.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
On here or Craigslist works. If you're worried about doing the transaction go to a used car dealer, bend over, and say here's my bronco. Sorry to sound harsh but why let a dealer beat you up on the price to sell it for 10k more the minute you're off the lot

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
What kind of condition is it in? Bring A Trailer is probably the best place to get top $$ for it right depending on its build quality and appearance. I sold a car last year on BaT and used a local guy that sells a lot on there. He took 8% of the final sales price. Since he's also a frequent seller, there wasn't the long wait. I think it went live within 1-2 weeks of everything being ready to go. The power sellers jump to the front of the line on BaT. For me, it made sense as it took all the hassle off my back of photos, dealing with tire kickers, etc.

YMMV,

Todd Z.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Does anyone have a good experience with a classic car dealer or have a recommendation for me?
When you say dealer, are you referring to you selling it to the dealer, or a dealer that shows off your rig for you for a commission? Consignment dealer I assume they're called.

Paul

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
When you say dealer, are you referring to you selling it to the dealer, or a dealer that shows off your rig for you for a commission? Consignment dealer I assume they're called.

Paul
I would guess that's what he's referring to as well.

Todd Z.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
The last 3-4 broncos I have sold were all through this site. It depends what you want to get out of it. If you want the most profit then BAT or a higher end classic car dealer will bring you the highest price but you will have to give them that 8-10%.

Here you will get true bronco people that have a passion for the trucks. I just sold mine for a fair price to someone that will take care of it even better than I did. Yeah I could have gotten more for it somewhere else but to me it was worth it to get a little less, have a good selling experience and know my bronco wont be sold to someone that is going to hack it up slap some 22s on it to cruise the malls!

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
The best way is to come up with fair price and list here then off to facebook or ebay IMHO for most Broncos. If something truly special, not your opinion but reality then bring a trailer. BAT is hit or miss and I have seen some do well others not so much. They are overwhelmed by everyone looking to off load at the market height, likely already passed at this point. I avoid dealers about the only thing they are good for are selling to people who have to finance. I don't see the value IMHO. Auctions are hit and miss too, I have seen several sell that would have brought the seller more than they got after they spent on fees, transportation and hassle.

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I took my bronco to a car show that was held at Gateway Classic Cars. An older gentleman parked beside me had a 75 Ford F-250 Camper Special with a 4-sale sign. A little later I ran into him and he told me he was thinking about selling his truck thru Gateway Classics. What he told me was you agree on a price and then whatever they get above is there's. He said he didn't want to deal with the hassle of dealing with tire kickers and didn't want people coming to his house.

https://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/consign

bulletpruf

Contributor
Loc.
San Antonio, TX
I am selling my Bronco but don’t want to sell it directly. Does anyone have a good experience with a classic car dealer or have a recommendation for me? The Bronco is in California. Other thoughts on best way to sell?

If you don't want to deal with folks, sell it on consignment with a classic car dealer that's local to you and has a good reputation. I took my 70 Ram Air IV GTO to auction (Mecum Indy) years ago and it didn't sell so I consigned it to a classic car dealer who dealt with a lot of high value stuff. It took him a few months to sell it, but I got my price and didn't have to deal with tire-kickers.

Caveat - if it's a rusty non-running project, you're not going to find someone who will sell on consignment. Try Facebook Marketplace and the classifieds here.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Listing it here is a suggestion.

Seems like people like Bring a Trailer, prices seem higher there?, there is a 3-4 month wait to post you vehicle, and they can reject posting it all together.

You could add a couple of pictures to this thread and maybe you might get an interested party?

GLWTS.

On classic broncos definitely a good start