• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bestop Soft Top

BlueSierra

Hi All. I am a new owner of a 1971 Ford Bronco in New Zealand! I am considering removing the stock hard top (which is not in great condition) to replace with the Bestop soft top. Is any one able to advise how much extra height that would add? I’d like to make sure it fits in my garage. Thanks in advance!

Hallboss

Contributor
Loc.
PNW
Blue - I have the top on my 73... 35" tires with Duff 5.5" lift. The middle bow on the Best Top measures just under 7ft from the ground on mine, just went out and measured. I have "standard" garage doors that measure 7ft high. The top brushes up against the top garage door opening weather stripping, but that is all. To my surprise it fits in my garage.

OP
OP
B

BlueSierra

Blue - I have the top on my 73... 35" tires with Duff 5.5" lift. The middle bow on the Best Top measures just under 7ft from the ground on mine, just went out and measured. I have "standard" garage doors that measure 7ft high. The top brushes up against the top garage door opening weather stripping, but that is all. To my surprise it fits in my garage.

Thanks for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
A measurement from the top of the bed rail might be more useful. I took the Kayline top off mine in '91.

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I'm pretty sure the Rampage top is an inch or two lower in profile. I've run mine for ~10 years and it has held up really well.

DSCN3653.JPG