• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bestop softtop ???

broncojames

Loc.
Smelterville ID
I am debating on my full hard top or a Bestop and their soft doors.. Dos anyone drive their eb through the winter with a bestop ? if so how dos it do with keeping in the heat ? and snow & rain ?? any input would be nice

Baja71

Bronco Guru
I'd put my hard top back on. That way you can keep the moisture out and the heat in. Bestops are nice, but not hermetically sealed.

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
I have ran the soft top in the winter many times. Every year I tell myself I am going back to the hard top permanantly. Then when I finally get the hard top on I tell myself I am going back to the soft top permanantly.

No doubt the hard top holds heat in better. Air blows through the soft top pretty easily. However if you dress warm it may not be an issue for you. Here in Georgia the winters are not bad but I still got tired of bundling up on cold days.

Greg

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Although for I haven't been able to drive my Bronco much on my jeep I used the soft top from April until October. The rest of the time was my hard top. I like the quietness and warmth of the hard top in the winter and the ability to throw up the soft top up in the summer months if rain hit.

Henry

Baja71

Bronco Guru
Just a comment on that....Jeep tops seal up much better than the EB tops. I'd have no problem going through the worst winter with the factory (Bestop) soft top on my TJ and hard doors. They are very quiet and seal exceptionally well. They pass the 'carwash' test. The Bestop EB tops are made of cheaper material, and unfortunately, they didn't put the same engineering into our tops. They aren't quiet, they leak air & water, and flap in the wind. Great for the summer though!

77BRONKOTN

I figured I'd be too lazy to put the hard top back on in the winter. Solution=Seat heaters installed with my new seat covers :)

Baja71

Bronco Guru
Yes, the blower motor upgrade would be a good thing. Also, in regard to soft tops in the winter...if it's cold enough and someone/thing smacks your vinyl window, it could crack.