• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Beware of scam buyers I got this email

yeller_bronco

Loc.
Portland
Howdy just wanted to let you guys know to beware of some scam artists out there, this guy has been emailing me every day, didnt even see a picture and wanted it.

I sent him some pictures and then I got this email.

Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 16:24:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: "ken hills" <kenhillsplc@yahoo.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert

Subject: Urgent details for the payment....
To: <yeller_bronco@yahoo.com>
Hello,
Thanks a lot for the mail, sorry i couldn't get back to Immediately.As a buyer i am suppose to call you but due to the heavy rainfall there is a network problem so when it is okay i will call you so as for now we can reach each other through this emails.i am still very much intrested in purchasing your Automotive,i am okay with your offer $9,500,i am okay with it,Concerning the payment ,A very good client of in the state is oweing me the sum of $13,500 US dollars only, he will issue out a certified cashier check drawn in a US Funds that you can cashed at your Local Bank or at Any cashing point in your location. As soon as you recieved the payment,take it to your Bank or any cashing point And get the check cashed there,and you hold out your amount, And send the Excess funds which it is balance to my International Transporter Agent in the United Kingdom That will be for the picking up at your Location.I hope i can trust you with my balance that will be sent to
my Transporter Agent in the United Kingdom.
Do get back to me with your contact details like this:
Name you want on check:
Home Address:
City:
State:
Zipcode:
Phone Number/Office Number:
so that payment will be made out to you Immediately..bye and have great day. Regards to you and your family.
I look forward to hearing from you Today.

Seriously..

As if anyone would trust a chick with their money.. It just has to be a scam;D

helo-mech

They send these all the time. I got one about some furniture that I had for sale and three 5 years ago when I had a truck for sale. You would think they would learn proper ENGLISH at least. Evey single one of these scam emails are written with the same mistakes.

But, people must be falling for it because they keep sending them out.

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Have him send the check to you, cash it and keep it all!:eek:

It's a bad check and you could get in very deep doo doo if they could prove that you knew it was a scam. i.e. your posting. I would have him send you the check and turn it over to the US postal inspector. Might help nail this guy.

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
It's a bad check and you could get in very deep doo doo if they could prove that you knew it was a scam. i.e. your posting. I would have him send you the check and turn it over to the US postal inspector. Might help nail this guy.

That is an even better idea!;D My first thought obviously was intended as a joke, although some may take it seriously:-X I am not trying to get anyone put in jail. Just bored this afternoon.%)

bigbadktm

Loc.
East CountySan Diego
just have them send it to your local sheriffs station and contact the sheriff to get the name of who to send it to. might help to get rid of this problem. the scam artists are usually located in nigeria or the likes

OP
OP
yeller_bronco

yeller_bronco

Loc.
Portland
Funny thing is I emailed him back and said if he wanted it that bad, I already had an offer for it for 12,000. He emailed me again this morning and said no problem.. ha.. I love my bronco but I know its not even close to worth that price. I think Ill mess with him for a lil bit ;D My respose to his email about wanting it for 12,000. was.. Oh so would you just like my account number so you can wire it? LOL..

As if i would really do that but the guy is probably thinking Im a retard..%)