• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Beware another craiglist.org scam!

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
I just saw this in the NJ craigslist. Here is what I wrote and got as a reply:

> Could you send more pics. Any rust areas or other concerns? Would you > allow me to come check it out first? Where are you located?
> Thanks

Their reply:

"First of all I want to thank you for your interest for my car. I sell it at this price $ 4,000 because i just finished the divorce with my husband. When the divorce has finished i own this car. Now as a women i don't need it. This car is in excellent working conditions, no scratches, flaws or any kind of damage, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions and comes with a clear title, 3 months transferable warranty.
From the beginning you have to know that for the payment I request only secure pay, I prefer the payment to be done using eBay services.(ebay purchase program)
We will use a safe payment method because I am affiliated at eBay and I have a purchase protection account for $20.000. The final price that I want for this car is $ 4,000 including shipping and handling.
If you are interested in buying it please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through eBay purchase program.IF YOU WANT TO EXPLAIN YOU HOW WORK EBAY PURCHASE PROGRAM PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL EXPLAIN YOU.
You can see more pictures by click on the link below :
http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/kk33/Magriz/my car/
I will wait your answer(if you are interested to buy) very soon. "

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
That same scam is happening all over Craigslist, involving mostly boats, cars, and ATV's all listed for about 50% of what the stuff is worth on the market. If you write a message and post it trying to alert Craigslist users to these scams, Craigslist will remove it because it's against the "forum rules". Looks like Craigslist is protecting them.
If you are not buying the vehicle through Ebay, there is no Ebay buyer's protection no matter what they claim.