• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BONES - Wrenching weekend April 9th

OP
OP
fatboy

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
That is awesome you guys helped him out like that! Very cool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good group of guys up here in New England. This is why I like the Bronco Brotherhood so much. Bunch of parts changed hands as well.

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Had a great time with everyone... and thanks for the grub Pete, was delicious!
when you cooking again?;D;D

OP
OP
fatboy

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Had a great time with everyone... and thanks for the grub Pete, was delicious!
when you cooking again?;D;D

Whenever we install the rock skies... ;D

By the way, I did email the bean recipe to slednut and I can send it your way too if you want.

OP
OP
fatboy

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Well I blew that one! The calipers showed up yesterday and one needed to be painted out which I did last night. It has been raining the last two days but the sun is out now so I figure get the front calipers on. No pads, totally spaced it. Not in stock anywhere so I am waiting for Rock Auto to ship them out to me. :mad:

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
you need a new parts guy!! trust me...you get used to waiting!

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
Good group of guys up here in New England. This is why I like the Bronco Brotherhood so much. Bunch of parts changed hands as well.
I agree wholeheartedly. Actually been the best part of owning my EB.
The hydraulic flaring tool referred to earlier is a Mastercool 71745 universal flaring kit. Made quick work of flaring the brake lines. Hankjr was like a kid at Christmas with a new toy while cranking out the new lines for the yellow truck.:cool:

OP
OP
fatboy

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
According to FedEx web site, the pads showed up at my house. Hopefully tonight I can get the front Calipers installed and bring the fluid throughout the lines. May not get to bleed them tonight since my boy works late but I should be able to get the system full on my own. Transmission looks to be empty and the coolant is way down as well so I will top off those systems and find out where the leaks are. Fingers crossed nothing major to stop it's maiden voyage to May It Forward!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
UM....i would maiden voyage long before that....but that's just me

OP
OP
fatboy

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
UM....i would maiden voyage long before that....but that's just me

Where is the fun and adventure in that? ;D

I intend to drive it well before then, but I look at that as more like Sea trials and not the maiden voyage... %)

OP
OP
fatboy

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
I was able to get the calipers and pads on the front last night. They were tight! I had to use my dead blow hammer to tap them in place. I cannot turn the hubs by hand but when I put the wheels on I could turn them by hand (that whole physics mass/velocity/momentum thing). I am wondering if I should clearance the pads a bit or let the rotors do that for me. I do not want to create so much heat that I warp the rotors that are on there but I also cannot come up with a real good option for clearancing the pads and not wrecking the surface or pulling it out of parallel. Open to ideas.

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
Wait and see how they react once you have filled and bled the system.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
AGREE with Art...plus gives you an excuse to drive it!!

dave67fd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Pete,
I know I had to hammer off the front calipers so if the new ones are tight probably ok in that respect. As Art said after proper bleed and a few operations of the pedal might make them ok.

OP
OP
fatboy

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Guess I will see how they work as is and go from there, Wanted to say GREAT JOB to the boys who made the lines. Only one leaker but I think I have it fixed now. Still need to bleed them but I have fluid to each bleeder screw. When the boy gets home he will learn how to bleed brakes. ;D

OP
OP
fatboy

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Could not get the leaker to stop. I ran out of time to pull the line but I will do that Monday as I have no time tomorrow to play. I will probably have to make another line but will have to wait until I get it off.

So I spent some time playing with a dash. The current dash in the truck is really rough, although it will not stop me from getting it on the road, but the sun was down so I moved into the garage. This dash came out of a 76 truck and is in tough shape. I stripped out all the dash parts including the 8 track tape player/ CB radio and found the rather hacked up hole behind the face plate. Still need to weld but the patch is trimmed in.

Attachments

• dash repair 1.jpg
    dash repair 1.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 36
  • dash repair 2.jpg
    dash repair 2.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 34
  • dash repair 3.jpg
    dash repair 3.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 40

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Which line produced the leaker Pete?

There was one input adapter to the h block that I did not remove. It wasn't clear why it was there and I hated to mess with it.

Hank

Last edited: