• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Brake Bleeding with SpeedBleeders; WTH

stretch

Loc.
Montgomery, TX
I just completed bleeding my 77 using a vaccum bleeder. I was having the same problem so I removed the bleeder screw and added a wrap of teflon pipe tape around the threads. This worked perfectly. I was able to complete all four corners in about ten minutes after this. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
Bundy

Bundy

Bronco Guru
Hmm, after reading around the interweb on speed bleeders I see that the threads will allow air to pass back in, so I guess I need to do the slightest turn possible to open it and hope air doesn't come back in or I need to have a buddy help me and do it old school.

As long as that H-block isn't hindering my ability to bleed the system, I guess I'll just leave it

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
....As long as that H-block isn't hindering my ability to bleed the system, I guess I'll just leave it

Your right, Don't touch the "H" block. I doesn't have any moving parts inside like the proportioning valve. You got one last weekend, Is this the last thing to do?