• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Brake booster offset

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This doesn't look like it is gonna cut it.
Took the bracket (Old BCB H-boost I bought when they were still in Hesperia) and offset ground it not quite 1/8".
Too close to upper intake?

Attachments

• brake booster offset.jpg
    brake booster offset.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 100

ssray

Loc.
South Central NE
Yes, might be too close….acceleration might be ok as the engine would move towards the passenger side, but if there’s any rebound from the mounts it could slap back some.(?). Don’t recall if it’s manual or auto but using engine braking with a manual would tend to do the opposite and possibly cause it to hit. Also,. being that high on the engine, movement will be magnified.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not sure If I can safely grind down the low side to 1/8" thick or not.
Seems like I should just move it with a bracket.
Bronco is a manual trans.
Thanks

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
1) You can flip the intake upper to face the other way.
2) you can move the Master Cylinder.
3) You can get the offset bracket

catfan

Contributor
This doesn't look like it is gonna cut it.
Took the bracket (Old BCB H-boost I bought when they were still in Hesperia) and offset ground it not quite 1/8".
Too close to upper intake?
I did this today , it stays in the area on the firewall when the factory bracket bolted on.

Attachments

• thumbnail (49).jpg
    thumbnail (49).jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 22
  • thumbnail (51).jpg
    thumbnail (51).jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 23
  • thumbnail (50).jpg
    thumbnail (50).jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 23

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
you need the 45 offset bracket, thats way way to close, you pump the throttle the engine rotates over an hits it.

OP
OP
B

bronco italiano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
1) You can flip the intake upper to face the other way.
2) you can move the Master Cylinder.
3) You can get the offset bracket
If the RF EFI harness would allow the upper intake flip may work and allow me to do a true cold air intake too!!
Great idea!!

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
If the RF EFI harness would allow the upper intake flip may work and allow me to do a true cold air intake too!!
Great idea!!
Yes, it lets you do whatever you want. I’d bet you could also just buy what bags/connectors you needed from them if not doing the whole thing. I hate how large the RF Telorvek panel is but I LOVE how every single connector is its own thing with 20 ft of wire to run however you desire…and I did.

And yes, i don’t remember if i had my intake on when you came by but i have mine set up for cold air. I haven’t built a box for it, but it’s right down in the drivers front well behind the grill in that perfect cold intake hole.

catfan

Contributor
New shorty h-boost bracket.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 17
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 17